• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

This Eating to Stay Alive Thing Is A Scam!!!

I am so done with food!! I've been drinking Ensures as much as I can but the minute I put some normal food in my mouth, there's problems... I'm thinking I can just live the rest of life on just liquids and not have to take a freaking Vicodin when I want to have... like... lunch...

Ok, vent over... now back to our regularly scheduled program...

..lol..no it's not

Some of my best times are around a table eating with good people. I dont like being on liquids only even if it does feel better.

I LOVE FOOD

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
I'm with Keona. I go a bit crazy just fasting for a few hours before a test or, even worse, doing the liquid only diet while prepping. I need to eat food or I might go berzerk!

I've been on liquid diet now for 13 weeks with incredible results, all I take is azathioprine which I'm coming off in 6 months. I eat 3 eggs a day now, liquids all otherwise and I'm really improving in terms of weight, pain, diarrhoea.

I have two strictures but they have really calmed, would really recommend liquids, it's a real struggle but after a certain amount of time you just get used to them and the results have been incredible. Compared to the ups an downs of steroids which drove me round the bend!

I've been on liquid diet now for 13 weeks with incredible results, all I take is azathioprine which I'm coming off in 6 months. I eat 3 eggs a day now, liquids all otherwise and I'm really improving in terms of weight, pain, diarrhoea.

I have two strictures but they have really calmed, would really recommend liquids, it's a real struggle but after a certain amount of time you just get used to them and the results have been incredible. Compared to the ups an downs of steroids which drove me round the bend!
Hey Guts... do you intend of just drinking liquids forever? Or is this only for a period of time while your strictures heal?

I'm having trouble weaning off my prednisone and have an endocrinologist working with me on that, but otherwise, I cannot wait to get off some of these meds!!!

Hey Guts... do you intend of just drinking liquids forever? Or is this only for a period of time while your strictures heal?

I'm having trouble weaning off my prednisone and have an endocrinologist working with me on that, but otherwise, I cannot wait to get off some of these meds!!!
Hi,

No, what my intention now is as my strictures are nearly healed is to introduce every food one by one for 3 days each to work out what does and does not suit me. This way I can eliminate exactly what will and won't suit my illness. The other principal I found is simply I can get back into remission on steroids but this takes literally like 6-8 weeks but with this elemental E028 I can go back into remission in two weeks. I'm not going to lie and say it's easy to stick to but to be honest, when the trade off is things like I might not need surgery and I will be able to live without pain then the answer feels obvious :)

Prednisolone on its own worked fine for me for about 2 years but it didn't seem to last for a longer period which is why I want to try an treat it in a more long term view.