• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I didn't have this when I was making decisions

Hey y'all. I wanted to tell y'all how many bad decisions I made doing this illness by myself. I found this place too late. Most of the issues I face are very complicated. But, I've noticed that I can help here. I feel needed and I need it. I'm 3 classes short of a master's in marriage and family therapy. I had to medically withdraw because of surgery. So now I'm out until next spring because of when classes are offered. But above all I need healing. The depression can be overwhelming. It's so sad when people turn to thoughts of suicide. The sad truth is chronic illness does this. It's something that needs to be overt. I want this to also be a place to vent and ask questions from people that have been through the trenches.

I also wish I had found this forum sooner. It stinks thinking you're going through something alone and that no one else understands how you're feeling because you don't "look sick". It's nice to know that there are people that can relate and to know you're not alone!

I'm brand new here too. I'm newly diagnosed and have a great deal to learn about this disease. This forum was the easiest to navigate for me.

I honestly thought I would be back to work in a couple weeks when I first got sick. It's been almost three months. I'm not used to not working and I miss it.

I'm brand new here too. I'm newly diagnosed and have a great deal to learn about this disease. This forum was the easiest to navigate for me.

I honestly thought I would be back to work in a couple weeks when I first got sick. It's been almost three months. I'm not used to not working and I miss it.
Welcome. I hope you are feeling better soon and back to work.