• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Frustrating new symptoms

D

DustinK

Hello all. I've been living with Crohn's disease for 10 years now but for about the past week I've had some new, frustrating symptoms. Lately I've been very gassy, especially in the evening and at night, and have also had foamy diarrhea. The only lifestyle changes that I've recently made have been me starting remicade about 2 weeks ago but I don't think that would trigger these symptoms. I haven't changed my diet or anything else so I'm not sure whats going on. Any ideas?

Welcome Dustin:)
Any more stress lately?
That can trigger some symptoms as thes. Although if they persist I'd call the doc.

D

DustinK

No I haven't had any added stress recently so I'm kinda confused why these symptoms have started up. I've actually felt much better since starting the remicade, and besides the new gas and foamy poop that's developed the past week, I've been completely symptom free. I'll give it a few more days though and if it still persists, I'll call my GI and see what he thinks. Has anyone else had similar symptoms after just starting remicade? Maybe its just a reaction to the new drug but I doubt it.

D

DustinK

Well my symptoms are still there but maybe seem to be getting a little better. I've got my second treatment of remicade scheduled for tomorrow so we'll see if maybe it has something to do with it.

M

My Tummy Hurts

I just found this thread because I searched for foamy.... I have the exact same problem, and I just started Remicade as well! I wonder what the deal is... I just had my third infusion yesterday and am having the same issues with being extra gassy and foamy especially at night. Its really weird and not a symptom I have seen before in my time with Crohn's. Did you ever ask you GI about it?

R

Reese1603

well, I don't know about foamy poo, but I always have horrible gas. Really smelly, too. It's embarrassing sometimes - I think if its sudden, try calling your doc on the phone and asking him. I dont' know how your GI doc works, but mine tells me to give him a call before coming in to see if its worth coming in. (sometimes it can be three or more weeks before I can even get an appointment anyways)

B

barker.rob

I have been doing this for about 8 years now and last June i got nailed with something called "peripheral arthritis". It started out as some odd lumps on my feet, almost felt like i had dropped something on them. After about 2 months of "lite" flaring the fun began. I had some much swelling at any given time that i couldn't walk or use my hands... which as you can imagine are a bit necessary when you have a frequent "bathroom" problem. You all ever heard of it? GI called a type of "Crohn's Arthritis".