• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira

All of ya'll taking Humira how is it sticking yourself in the stomach. I don't know if I could do that but I have gotten a few reactions from Remicade and it doesn't seem to be working much so I think I'm going to go onto another medication if at all possible. Last time I went, a little over a month ago, I turned bright red and it was a little hard to breathe for a few minutes. The stricture in my rectum has come back since summertime which right now is bothering a bit. I can't wait for three weeks when I'm done school and I can go get myself dilated. I tried to dilate myself last week after not doing it in months and it caused a lot of pain and I couldn't open anything up. I'm hoping to get the balloon dilation so I can be under anesthesia instead of being awake and have the guy shove his finger up my ass. I don't like that very much...well back to doing a research paper. This thing is pissing me off. I think I'm going to find my teacher and tie him to a tree with a lot of honey and see what happens.lol College professors who teach like they are still teaching high schoolers piss me off. Hey a new facebook idea. Well I'm just procrastinating. Thanks for all the help and reading some of my pointless dribble. Ya'll are great. Talk to you soon. Once week is over I will hopefully be able to come on here much more. Bye

How is the salofalk? I'm open to as many ideas as possible. I don't really want to be sticking myself with a needle. My GF is always supporting me and she always knows when I don't feel okay or am really tires and worn out. She's making me take a nap tomorrow.lol Well now I really have to go. I'm hoping to get my research done by 5.

Humira isn't bad to inject. I don't ice up or anything ... I've done it in the thighs also but you're supposed to get it into the fat and not the muscle and I don't have much fat left on my thighs .. so to the gut it goes.

I was going to do it last time I did my injections ( but was too pre-occupied with showing my parents what I was doing in case I stopped breathing or keeled over =p ) I'm going to video it this time. So next Friday I'll post the vid of it =)

Cool man. When I'm done this week I'm calling my GI about the meds. Also, if anyone on Rem had a reaction while getting the injection what was it like?

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Hey Jeff -
I was on Humira from Feb - Oct but I only injected into my thighs, so I can't answer your belly question. The injections aren't that bad. I just started Remi last week.
Good luck with your last few weeks before break!

Belly is bad. BAD, made me want to cry, but my injections really stung a lot. I also had huge welts left on my legs after each shot. Stayed there about 3-4 days.

The belly does hurt a little more then the legs I will admit that but it only stung while the needle was in and then I was good to go.

I was on Humira from April 1 until 2 weeks ago (switching to Remi now). I much prefer the belly to the thighs. My thighs bled (I guess I don't have as much fat there). Started with the self-injector pens, which were very easy to use, but switched to the syringes and let my hubby the RN inject me. It does sting quite a bit, but doesn't last very long (15-20 seconds). Some injections seem to be a lot worse than others, don't know why that is.

Lisa

I've been on Humira now 3 months. I have only injected in the belly, only because for me I think the thigh would hurt worse. Injecting in the belly stings at first, but as Drew said, once the needle's out then so is the pain. I have never bled from sticking the belly either.

lol thanks to pen for reviving this thread!
just read it by chance, and see that you have a rectal stricture Jeff. ME TOO!

i had it dialted a few times in the OR, not the balloon thing though, just with a metal rod i guess for lack of better word. i dilate myself now as well, every few days or so with the same kind of rod that they used.

anyways, just figured i'd say hi. havent met anyone else yet who has to shove things up their butt on a regular basis :D

I keep forgetting to record the process gah! Sorry Jeff. You never see a video of someone injecting themselves and going "$E%$#%# that hurt" ... so you know I need to totally stop being lazy.