• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Started Humira today!

I got my first dose of Humira today with the four injection pens! I did the first two on my own, and then got nausea and hot and had to lay down for a bit. And then the nurses did the other two for me so I could get out of there!

I really hope this starts helping me and makes me feel better! After fighting this battle for three years and finally getting diagnosed and treated I am sooooo ready for remission! :)

Trysha

Staff member
Hi Rissal
You did well for a first try----a lot better than I could.
First times are hardest.
I had my first Remicade infusion last week,with great trepidation but turned out to be a breeze.
Next week is the second...... hope it goes as well as the first.
As you say it will be great to have some remission time.
Hope things continue to go well for you.
Feel better soon
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha

Yay for starting Humira!
The shots get easier to take after you've done it awhile. I was really tired for the first few weeks after my initial doses, but that has all but gone. They also found out that I wasn't absorbing Vit D, so they put me on the super high dose...that has helped greatly with the fatigue.

natatak227-

How much Vit D do you take? I was put on 50,000 a day . My level was 18.

RissalUPFiscalLY2016- How long were you tired? Was/is it more like fatigue or sleepy tired? Any other side affects?

Thanks in advance for the answers,

lauren

I take 50,000 units 3x per week. My level was at an 8 when I first started. Now I'm up to a 19. Honestly, I just don't think my body absorbs it very well due to the Crohn's.

That's very true. If our small bowel worked well we wouldn't be in this mess!!

How long have you been on it? Do you take it with calcium ?

Lauren

I've been on it for about 4 months now. I should be taking calcium too, since I'm on Aciphex, but I always forget to take it. I've tried doing a multi-vitamin in the past to get everything in at once, but that never seems to change my numbers enough.

Thank you! I have just been tired today.. hopefully that goes away, starting classes again on Monday.
In my case it took 2 months for fatigue to go away from injections, its something you might have to find a way to tough out. Its worth it in the long run. Just remember that we are here if you need support/advice. :)

Good on you! :) I started Humira on the same day. I have also been very fatigued most days ever since. I'm also hoping the fatigue won't last too long.