• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ulcer problem

I have pain above belly button. Looks like some food pipe pain. Doctor says it's ulcer. He called me for endoscopy. Don't know what to do. I am 32 years old. But my weight is 48 kgs for last 10 years. I look like 22 years old. I never had sexual relations with anyone before. Can anyone advice me what to do? Except marriage, as I don't want to marry as I am underweight and having weakness in body.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.
I've had an endoscopy before. It's a pretty straightforward procedure.
Has the doctor started you on meds yet?

Hi and welcome.
I've had an endoscopy before. It's a pretty straightforward procedure.
Has the doctor started you on meds yet?
Yup. He gave me ulcerab ls. It's for acidity. I have a doubt. What if I feel like vomiting when the endoscope is in my mouth.

Hi. some of the docs give some meds to relax you although i did not get anything and where vomiting and i wanted to pull the tube out but let me assure you it is not that bad at all infact its over in minutes and the docs are there for you and to make you feel better so you don't have to worry about a thing. Hope you feel better soon

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

I hope your scope goes well. It's common procedure for them to numb the back of your throat so they don't trigger your gag reflex. You're also not allowed to eat usually after midnight or about 8 hours before the scope so there shouldn't be anything to throw up. As mentioned many give something to relax you or make you not remember the procedure with Versed (twilight sedation). Every country has different procedures they follow though but your throat should be numbed at the very least. Good luck and let us know how it goes. :)

Lady Organic

Staff member
if possible, ask for the sedation so that you can fall half-asleep during the exam! I had gastroscopy with only throat spray recently and it was aweful (worst than non sedated rectosigmoidoscopy)!!!