• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I got the prep through the post today..

Another colonoscopy coming up great just what I wanted NOT :tongue:, I'm not having the scope done till 11th of July, but thats not far away though :(, now I know that nobody likes the prep part, well neither so I :(, I don't have to start it yet but when I do does anyone have any, advice or tips on how to make it easier??

I usually take Picolax plus the yummy addition of 10 senna tablets. Haven't had this one
I had the Picolax last time which was 2-3 years ago, I couldn't have the Moviprep last time because I was only 16 and it says on the packet that do not take if you re under 18, now that I'm 19 I have no choice but to drink the Moviprep :( shame because I like the Picolax

Ugh, there looks like more to drink with this one. I did have something different one time which required loads of drinking and struggled. I wonder if this calmer on your stomach?

Ugh, there looks like more to drink with this one. I did have something different one time which required loads of drinking and struggled. I wonder if this calmer on your stomach?
Yeah I think it is going to be to much for me to handle but they won't let me have anything else because I rang them earlier today and they said that my doctor said I have to have the Moviprep because the last time the Picolax didn't empty my bowels very well :(.

I have just checked those for my hospital and the prep always starts with senna. I find I end with clear stool by the end of it but then I have terrible diarrhoea normally and have to take codeine to prevent incontinence and have to stop it 3 days before. Basically from the day I stop meds until the day of my colonoscopy I am on the toilet and end up counting hours down because I can't sleep. It is is important that your bowel is clear, I had an enema for a sigmoidoscopy which didn't work so will have to have another scope ugh.