• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pregnant

Hi All,

i just wanted to share this good news with everyone. i am pregnant 8 weeks. this is our first baby so me and spouse are very excited. a month a go we were looking at doing IVF/ICSI but it just happened.

brieyourbest

Cimzia Forum Monitor
Hi All,

i just wanted to share this good news with everyone. i am pregnant 8 weeks. this is our first baby so me and spouse are very excited. a month a go we were looking at doing IVF/ICSI but it just happened.
Congrats Maryam!!!! :cheers::congratualtions:

Congrats :) I just found out I am preggo as well. How are you feeling? its my first as well and unsure of what to expect. Hope all is well!!

Congrats :) I just found out I am preggo as well. How are you feeling? its my first as well and unsure of what to expect. Hope all is well!!

congratulations. I have been doing ok, I don't have any morning sickness just nausea. Hope your pregnancy goes smoothly.

Astra

Congratulations to Megan & Maryam!
Here's hoping that the both of you stay well and it's a smooth ride!
xxxxxxxxxx

Baby Ultrasound.

In two weeks I get to find out the gender of the baby. very exciting. Any up dates from the preggo mommies. Hope everyone is having a healthy and happy pregnancy.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Awww, a little girl. How exciting for you both!.....​

So happy for you hun and I hope the pregnancy continues to go well for you.

Dusty. xxx​

Congrats Maryam - wonderful news. My first baby was a little girl and she is 4 now - you have so much fun ahead. Girls are crazy little things and diva's from birth but you'll love her little bones!! Delighted for you

Congrats Maryam - wonderful news. My first baby was a little girl and she is 4 now - you have so much fun ahead. Girls are crazy little things and diva's from birth but you'll love her little bones!! Delighted for you

Thank you. yes girls are fun. I always get attracted to all the baby girls clothes in the store. They have all kind of cute things for girls.

Hope all the pregnant ladies are doing well. I am very excited baby is due no 12/23/11.

i just wanted to share this good news with everyone. i am pregnant 8 weeks. this is our first baby so me and spouse are very excited. a month a go we were looking at doing IVF/ICSI but it just happened.[/QUOTE]

Just found out that I have gestational Diabetes. I am a little bit bummed. I have to prick my finger 4 times a day and watch my diet. But, my blood sugars are well controlled. I have 7 more weeks. Did any of ladies develop gestational diabetes. My ob/gyn told it will most likely go away after the baby is born but, it raise once chance of developing Type II diabetes.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
I am sorry to hear this, Maryam. I sure hope it goes away after your baby is born.

I can't believe you only have 7 weeks left! Where does the time go?

I am sorry to hear this, Maryam. I sure hope it goes away after your baby is born.

I can't believe you only have 7 weeks left! Where does the time go?
Thanks Jill yes my ob/gyn told me once the baby is born the gestational diabetes goes away. I know time flies 7 weeks is not much.

GD Diabetes

Hi Maryam, Did you notice any changes in your eating habits before you were diagnosed? I have never liked sweets and since my 2nd trimester started I can't get enough of them. I have my gd test on the 16th. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but it sounds like you have everything under control. Good luck in the next 7 weeks!!

Just found out that I have gestational Diabetes. I am a little bit bummed. I have to prick my finger 4 times a day and watch my diet. But, my blood sugars are well controlled. I have 7 more weeks. Did any of ladies develop gestational diabetes. My ob/gyn told it will most likely go away after the baby is born but, it raise once chance of developing Type II diabetes.

Hi Maryam, Did you notice any changes in your eating habits before you were diagnosed? I have never liked sweets and since my 2nd trimester started I can't get enough of them. I have my gd test on the 16th. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but it sounds like you have everything under control. Good luck in the next 7 weeks!!

Hi Jen,

I was craving a lot of sweets. Good luck with your blood work. All I can say is if you can get 1 hour of exercise everyday that helps with the blood sugar levels and eating carbs in moderation.

OH MAN I have been craving sugar like CRAZY and I never liked it before. Give me some beef jerky over a cookie any day. We didn't even have a cake at our wedding! Do you know if cutting sugar out of your diet altogether (besides natural sugars in fruit and stuff) can help you avoid GD? I need to do some reading before I go in and take the test. Thanks for the info Maryam!