• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Food Diary

Can anyone share a simple, pre-teen friendly, food log? The concept seems overwhelming to DD. We need something user friendly (even an iPhone app or way she could use Notes to keep track). Hoping someone's idea will be way cooler than mine :).

I found a couple of Cohn's related apps - one was called GI tracker. So look through the apps section on the iphone and you should find something.

Don't use My IBD. It's rather confusing and is geared more towards info for the GI rather than Nutritionist/Dietician.

I just made a rough sheet on the computer that DD (10) adds to every day. Then I email that to the Nutritionist.

I just did the days of the week across the top. The next line down I did the date so that no one got confused.
Then down the side I put Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks. On the bottom, my dd added water and pain level. That way we can look for a pattern to see if anything specific is causing her pain.

I just did the days of the week across the top. The next line down I did the date so that no one got confused.
Then down the side I put Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks. On the bottom, my dd added water and pain level. That way we can look for a pattern to see if anything specific is causing her pain.
Thank you!

There are some Iphone apps. I downloaded one but haven't used it. I didn't find it easy to use but I am not a tech savvy pre-teen. I think the one I downloaded was free or at the very least inexpensive. Worth a try as the techy option might appeal.

I'm keeping a food diary at the moment.

I have the date right at the top of the page.
I'm on elemental diet so I then put the number of units of elemental consumed that day.
Number & consistency of BM's
Weight

Then I split the rest of the page in 2 (vertically) and on the left hand side I record what food I've eaten and at what times. On the Right hand side I record what symptoms I've had and at what times. That way it's slightly easier to spot any time patterns with eating a particular food and having symptoms.

Not sure about any apps although I'm sure fitness type apps would maybe have a bit where you can write down what you are eating. The only tip I can think of from doing it for my son is to make sure she does it every day. If we ever left it for longer than 2 days it seemed impossible to remember for sure!

I use the ap 'mygitrack' - its really quick to log what u have just eaten, plus bm etc. and i'd be lost without it!! it can then be emailed to anyone you like. Hope it helps!
x