• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Coconut

Tesscorm

Staff member
I've also read quite a bit about coconut oil and it's anti-inflammatory properties (and other health benefits) but found it difficult to incorporate into our diet until...:ysmile: I found a recipe for chocolate coconut (oil) candies. :) I posted the recipe in the Diets and Cooking for Kids w/IBD (link below). Stephen's fairly picky but likes these candies - enough that I've limited him to one or two per day. I don't know 'how much' coconut oil is a healthy, beneficial level but, with one candy, I'm estimating he gets approx. half a teaspoon of coconut oil. (The candies are about the size of a Hershey's kiss.)

http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=37377

nogutsnoglory

That's interesting about coconut.
See!!! I knew it could only help me by eating all those Mounds Candy Bars.:D
Try taking raw coconut meat and covering it in dark chocolate. It can be the natural version of mounds. It will be high in fiber though so keep in mind if flaring.