• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Dating Site

C

Craig

Hello everyone

As a sufferer of Irritable Bowel Syndrome, the dating scene can be rather lacking, and I know I am not alone (just go to any IBS forum and search 'dating'). Anyhow, I created a dating service for sufferers of IBS, Crohns, Coeliac Disease, UC and other bowel conditions.

People who don't suffer from these can still join but have to respect that the site is for sufferers of bowel conditions

So here it is:

www.irritatedbeingsingle.com

If you sign up please allow 24 - 48 hours for your profile to be activated.

The good news is that every new member gets to two weeks FREE subscription as of the date that their profile is activated.

Prices have been kept very low but you only need to pay for subscription when you want to start emailing other members.

Please feel free to email me any questions regarding the site.

Anyone from all over the world can use the site but as I am based in the UK advertising in the US, Canada, Austrailia, New Zealand, Ireland etc will be difficult. The forums on the Internet are a good start. But for it to be a success and for there to be lots of singletons for users to potentially date it would be excellent if you could spread the word.

I hope to see a lot of you on the site getting dates!!!

Take care

Craig

cookey

Mama Crohnie
Hi Craig..this is fantastic. As a long time sufferer myself, I know I could have used a site like this back in the day. I was actually looking into a project of something of this nature. Sounds like it could be a lot of fun..I will definetly check it out. Thanks for sharing this with us all and I hope you are well.

Hugs, Cookey

S

Sparrow

i already checked it out and there werent many guys at all:(

B

boneyboy

Yeah I was wondering, how many registered, active members are there on the site?

C

Craig

Hi everyone.

Thank you for your comments. The site has been up and running since the end of March so it is going to take a while before it reaches the levels of sites such as match.com or datingdirect.com.

I can tell you that at prest we have about 80 members.

The good news is that you can search for free on the site. You don't have to pay anything until you want to. You only need pay for subscription when you find someone you wish to email. You can send the Racing Heart for free to other members putting the ball in their court to contact you.

I run the website by myself and have had to spend a lot of my own money to set the site up. I'm only 23 and work full time but my income isn't too hot to afford advertising just yet. So if anyone has any useful ideas to help advertise the website to help increase traffic and get more members online then I would be grateful.

Thank you.

cookey

Mama Crohnie
Hi Craig, I actually signed up on the site...but wasnt able to search anything for free..I believe I got a pop up saying to register now by credit card, or something to that degree. Forgive me if I have that all wrong...but I do remember that I couldnt search.

C

Craig

Hi Cookey

You should be able to search for free. That payment page pops up once you've registered in case you want a subscription longer then the two weeks you get free.

Try searching again. Please let me know if it won't let you.

When y ou search...the members location should be in the results. As it is now you have to click each person to find where they are...

Not that I actually expected anyone local :p