• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

No bowel movement today.

My daughter who poops every morning hasn't had a bowel movement at all today. Should I be worried? I'm feeling like I should be because she isn't in remission. Thoughts? Thanks.
~J

theOcean

It happens sometimes. I usually have one BM a day and wonder what's going on if I don't, but -- it's usually nothing and I'm back to normal after that. If it continues I would look into it.

crohnsinct

My daughter was also pretty regular early on and when she suddenly skipped a day I was worried. Called the doc and they said call back when it is more like 4 or 5 days. Absent pain, fever, vomiting etc it is usually nothing.

I'm sure it happens. Always call your GI if it's concerning.
Grace has constipation but I would think if it's accompanied by other symptoms that I worry or it continues for days.

However, if your mommy gut says something's off don't ignore it.

Thanks you guys for a prompt response. I called the GI and she recommend magnesium citrate just to prevent possibly backing Emily up. I ran the the pharmacy and gave her half the bottle, 5 oz( what the GI recommended) It takes thirty minutes to six hours to work. She should wake in the morning and have a bowel movement. I hope!

my little penguin

Staff member
If you have not used mag citrate before
Be prepared it causes cramping and explosive watery bowel movements.
Not gentle at all.
Typically when DS missed more than two days his Gi has him increase miralax .
Much easier .

Good luck with the mag citrate

If you have not used mag citrate before
Be prepared it causes cramping and explosive watery bowel movements.
Not gentle at all.
Typically when DS missed more than two days his Gi has him increase miralax .
Much easier .

Good luck with the mag citrate
Uh-oh! No, this is our first time taking this. When Emily had her colonoscopy she did miralax the day prior. It didn't clean her out. So, she stayed over night in the hospital and they pumped her with Golytely ( my husband calls it GoFast.) Ugh what a mess that was. Thanks for the heads-up MLP.