• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remicade + Cellcept

I saw my new IBD doc today. Went very well. She is moving me from Humira to Remicade, and adding Cellcept since I don't tolerate 6MP all that well. Wish me luck! Hope i'm not a zombie like on 6MP. Has anyone taken it??

I am also doing an upper endoscopy and colonoscopy a on Sept 1st.

She got me signed up for 1g, 30 min infusions of Injectafer which should be far better than the 500mgs of Venofer i was getting over 4+ hours and hurt my vein.

I also signed up for some study by Dr. Sandborn (in the same office) on new biological markers of inflammation and intenstinal lining strength, so they'll take a stool sample prior to and some biopsies during the scoping next week.

I'll be very busy the next few weeks!

Welcome to the "Chronies Club" :)

Keeping you in my prayers that all will be well & you will be able to tolerate your treatment & have a good quality of life.

Shalom my friend, john

I've loved being on Remicade, I hope you get as much relief as I have in the past
Thank you. I just had my first infusion today. It was uneventful. About 2.5 hours and 400mgs. Next one is in 2 weeks. Hope it works! I just had upper EGD and colonoscopy yesterday which revealed some ulcerations in my anastamosis at the terminal ileum :(

Update: was infused last week with 1st dose of Remicade. Haven't had pain in 3-4 days! Loving it so far. Cellcept is pretty easy and low side effects too.