Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Prednisone & Blood Tinged Mucus or Tissue

07-19-2014, 07:43 PM   #1
Ali29

My Support Groups:
Prednisone & Blood Tinged Mucus or Tissue

Has anyone ever experienced what looks like blood drops in mucus or what might be pieces of tissue? I've been on Prednisone since April - trying a taper just beginning this week. I have noticed mucus a couple of times during the last 2 weeks - prior to the taper but today there is bright red blood drops in the mucus or tissue. I have had pain in the lower left quadrant on/off in the last 1-2 week - also prior to the taper.

My Crohn's and other issues have all originated from the small intestine and up not in my Colon?

I'm a little scared, not sure what this could be.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Diagnosises - Mast Cell Activation Disorder, IBD Small Intestine-duodenum-villi blunted, Bile Acid/Fat Malabsorption, Chronic nausea-vomiting/pain, esophageal dismotility, mucosal edema, acid hypersecretion, Lymphocytic Colitis, Ocular Migraines, gallbladder removed

Current Meds: H1 H2 Anti Histamines, PPI, Enteragam, Lomotil, Phenergan, Percoset

Meds that did not work: Pentasa, Lialda, Zenpep, Entocort EC, Carafate, Elavil, Lotronex, Desipramine, Questran/Welchol severe bloating/pain.
07-20-2014, 07:53 PM   #2
Ali29

My Support Groups:
I would have thought that even with Prednisone, I should not have any blood or inflammation?

Do you think I'm wrong?
07-22-2014, 05:10 PM   #3
Essieluv

I think this warrants a call to the GI. Anytime you see blood in your stool, that is a bit of a heads up that your disease is unhappy. Mucous itself is pretty much harmless, and even IBDer's in remission can have mucous in their stool. But since you are on a Pred taper, you should have a chat with your doc about these symptoms.

Waiting for a cure!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Prednisone & Blood Tinged Mucus or Tissue