• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

3 weeks after diagnosis...sad, lonely, insomnia...

suschex

Suzanne
Not much more to it than that and I know the feelings will pass but I just needed to be able to "say" the feelings somewhere......:frown:

Suschex...recently diagnosed in March...so I understand. I won't tell you it ever gets easier but I will tell you that you learn to 'deal'. And that does get easier. I have found this forum to really help. And if I am having a tough day I go to the thread where people post the funny comments and stupid things people say to us. Stay strong!

Spooky1

Hi,
its not any help, but all i would like to add, just so that you know you are not alone:

37 years after diagnosis and sad, lonely and insomnia.

best wishes

Spooky1

yes, today its a painful and tearful day. there are better days, but crohns is not nice especially with arthritis. at least there are people on this planet united with understanding. thank god i found this forum.

After I was diagnosed, I had to go on antidepressants and start therapy. I didn't handle it well at all.You're definitely not alone. Eight years later and I'm doing MUCH better. I still get a little sad when I'm having a rough day, but I have more happy days than sad now. Hang in there.

suschex

Suzanne
After I was diagnosed, I had to go on antidepressants and start therapy. I didn't handle it well at all.You're definitely not alone. Eight years later and I'm doing MUCH better. I still get a little sad when I'm having a rough day, but I have more happy days than sad now. Hang in there.
I think I am starting to understand that even though there is finally a 'reason' I have been sick so very much over the last 9 years and constantly sick the last 12 months this doesn't mean that I will now 'be healthy' the way I was before ever being ill. It is sinking in that I will live a life now of good periods and bad periods...however long those may be and that there is not a lot I can do to control that...no accepting that part of it at all...I want to be the healthy person I was, the healthy wife, healthy mom, healthy marathon runner, healty friend, normal human without this stupid thing...guess I am just now understanding that there is no 'cure' for CD and that life will not ever go back exactly the way it was.

I am thankful for the diagnosis and that there is treatment and thankful that the nine years is coming to a close with an answer, I just am struggling with the answer/diagnosis...guess I thought that one day a Dr. would finally say "OK, we finally found what has kept you sick so long, here is a script, take these twice a day for 10 days and you will be well" It's just hard to accept that there is no longer a 'well' in the complete sense for me ever again....

Oh, and I'm really sorry for the issues on the other thread about what CD is...I was just trying to show support by "thanking" you for your posts...I don't like when people are unkind or disrespectful in communications...I didn't mean to cause further conflict