• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Colostrum

Has anyone tried the supplement colostrum? I started taking it last night and although it hasn't even been a day, I have to say that I'm really impressed. I posted yesterday about having excruitiating joint pain that I know is related to my Crohn's. Well, I woke up this morning and for the first time in weeks, the pain has subsided quite a bit. I found this testimonial of a man that said colostrum helped his Crohn's symptoms overnight: http://alienview.net/crohns.html.

It's too early to say if it's really working for sure, but I'm hopeful...

Please keep us posted. I'm reluctant to use any dairy since im paleo but this does sound interesting.
The brand I'm using is called Symbiotics. It is lactose-free (although not casein-free). I'm severely lactose intolerant and I avoid all dairy (even the SCD-legal yogurt and cheeses). But I made an exception for this and I'm glad I did. Within 3 days of using this supplement, my joint pain completely disappeared, which I can't tell you how amazing that is. I was in severe pain previously and nothing was helping. It's been a week or so now and I'm feeling absolutely great! Of course, I don't attribute to just this supplement, I think it's a combination of everything I've been doing.

Ive heard this as being the "Miracle Cure" from two people....but again it may be some form of long remission?? But even so a diet free from sugar and proccessed foods and high in probiotics seems to on their approach also....whats very interesting about the article Katy found is that the guy mentions that Crohns might be in the Colostrum or that bacteria that carries it in Milk??

I use to take it back when I was still doing everything else wrong. It certainly seemed to help but there's only so much it can do for someone who's smoking and living off of coffee and cheeseburgers every day.

I found it promising enough that I'm planning on trying it again in the new year.

My GP suggested that I take Colostrum when I go travelling, especially to third world countries, as it seems to reduce travellers' diarrhea (he uses it himself when he visits India). I must try it next time.

I do think colostrum helped with my symptoms when I initially posted this. I no longer take it because I don't feel like I need it at this point. It is definitely worth looking into though!