• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Muscle and bone pain

I feel like one big "owie". My hands and arms hurt and it seems odd that after injecting four shots in my two thighs, my left arm is killing me. I hope this is just because the loading dose is so high and that it won't happen all of the time. I feel like someone punched me in the arm. :(

Anyone else have this happen when they first started Humira?

suschex

Suzanne
I always feel tired and ache all over in a mild way for a day or two after each injection...nothing bad, just annoying!

I often feel sore and achy after Humira as well, and almost always have a headache the next day. I started taking my shot right before bed on the day I take it so I must feel my worst while I am asleep. It has seemed to help.
I have lots of aches and pains too tho, fibromyalgia and chronic neck and back pain.

suschex

Suzanne
I have been sick with Strep and now upper resp infection and have missed my last 2 Humira injections. I had been having terrible (beyond words) back pain. It was so low down in my back it was almost tailbone area. It was difficult to even move about most days. I had x-rays taken and all was healthy.

Here is the kicker...since missing the Humira injections the back pain has slowly resolved and is gone now. Can't say for sure it was caused by Humira but sure seems possible.

I've had the worst bone pain on Humira and am already on my way to a sinus infection. I don't want to give up on it, though, because I would have to go back on Remicade and that stopped working for me. I hope my body gets used to it and things level out.

Advice please

I often feel sore and achy after Humira as well, and almost always have a headache the next day. I started taking my shot right before bed on the day I take it so I must feel my worst while I am asleep. It has seemed to help.
I have lots of aches and pains too tho, fibromyalgia and chronic neck and back pain.
Hi heather
I noticed that you had gaul bladder and appendix removed . I have beld told by my doctor that this is goin to be the next possible direction for me . I see you still have health issues . Do you think this is a wise move or are they just grasping in the dark.

I found the body pain to be a bit odd. I learned to use ice on the area before the injection, as I found it would sting. Putting pressure on the area after the injection did help some of the initial pain. I found on says I had injections I would be completely out like a light in an hour or so.

I did develop quite a lot of body pain while I was on humira. I sought physical therapy and began swimming in a hot pool and taking pilates and yoga. This was a huge help for me.