• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help: Post Right Hemi-Colectomy

It is 2 weeks post surgery, how do I stop the runs? I have been on a low residue diet. Have not had a solid bowel in weeks. What have others done?

I had a Right hemi in 2009 and my BM has never been solid since. It's not like water but pretty loose. Had a redo Right hemi on May 4th this year and for a few weeks it was extremely loose. Seems to of gone back to normal-ish for me now.

TexasCoach,

I didn't go back to work until two weeks after my surgery, and then only half days. Also, I remember my surgeon telling me it would take a month before I would be fully healed. You may just need to give it a little more time.

Hi, are you having problems eating? Weight loss? Feeling sick?

Peoples intestines react differently to each other after beinf handled. Some go into a little bit of shock characterised by loose watery stools. They do recover naturally but slowly and everyone is different. If it is causing you discomfort or you are partially incontinent then it's time to see the Dr. There's no point sending you home from hospital if you can't eat or retain fluids. As someone who's done that, I can tell you it never ends well. Good luck.

Hi, are you having problems eating? Weight loss? Feeling sick?

Peoples intestines react differently to each other after beinf handled. Some go into a little bit of shock characterised by loose watery stools. They do recover naturally but slowly and everyone is different. If it is causing you discomfort or you are partially incontinent then it's time to see the Dr. There's no point sending you home from hospital if you can't eat or retain fluids. As someone who's done that, I can tell you it never ends well. Good luck.
I feel great. Just loose bowels, but It's only been three weeks. So did you guys try any fiber? I have not had much fiber, I had some fiber one and fruit and it seemed to be a little more solid.