• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Asacol -

U

ukstephie

:sign0085:

Hi there -

Looking for any feedback on Asacol and how it works with anyone taking it right now. The Dr recommended my partner start taking it but we don't know too much about it, and I'm looking to see if anyone is experiencing side effects of any kind, and also if it seems worth taking.

Thanks

J

JoJo

Hi there, I'm on 3,200mg of Asacol and haven't suffered any side effects. The only time I had a problem was when I was given a generic form rather than Asacol itself.
Personally I'd say anything is worth a try.

Good luck
Jo x

Last edited:
D

DannyB

Hye Stephie,

According to my BNF book which has every medicine available on the NHS to only side effect possible from asacol is blood clotting abnormalities and that is only in rare cases so I don't think you have to worry about that.

D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

Hi Stephie

ive not been on it but wanted to say hope all goes well on it for your partner let us know how he gets on (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

Hello there, I have been on asacol for ten years and I haven't had any bad side effects. But I will say that depending on how bad your partners condition is your partner might need other treatments. good luck to you both.:smile: