• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I have had Crohn's since 1983

Hello,I am new to group and I have had Crohn's since 1983. I am in remission for the first time on remicade infusions through a port. Unfortunately I have contracted a staph infection and I am a carrier, now what?I haven't had remicade for 2 mos, I am waiting for a call from my doc. I may have to get it at home?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Hi and welcome to the forum! :welcome: I'm afraid that I have not been on remicade or humira. But, I am tagging a good friend of mine afidz who has. Maybe she might have some answers for you. Hope you can get treated and taken care of soon. :hug:

afidz

Super Moderator
Sorry to hear about your infection, I am no stranger to them, they can be difficult to deal with. Everyone carries staph and strep on their skin, most of the time though the bacteria will die before it has a chance to reproduce. Are you on antibiodics? Did the infection cause any wounds? Was it in the port site?
I have never been on Remicade, not sure why you would receive it at home. Are you strictly homebound? If you were to get it at home you would definitely have to have home health care to monitor you while you get the infection.