• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira has Mannitol?!?!?

Did anyone else knows that humira contains mannitol? Known to cause diarrhea and stomach cramps!! After months of frustration, odd symptoms, diarrhea, And tests that show my crohns is practically in remission... a possible breakthrough. I have noticed a pattern of diarrhea 1-3 days postshot. Apparently mannitol can mess with your digestion big time. Time to have a sit down with my doctor.

I'm on Humira and haven'd had any diarrhea or stomach cramps over the past 18 months, whole food plant based diet probably helps a lot with that though

my digestion was always pretty bad even before I was diagnosed 3 yrs ago, the most annoying thing about Humira for now I'd say is whenever I get a cold it seems to last forever

I'm on Humira and haven'd had any diarrhea or stomach cramps over the past 18 months, whole food plant based diet probably helps a lot with that though

my digestion was always pretty bad even before I was diagnosed 3 yrs ago, the most annoying thing about Humira for now I'd say is whenever I get a cold it seems to last forever
Whole food plant diet? What does it entail? Does it contain a lot of fresh fruit and veggies? I have learned that fresh fruit and veggies make me sick. I am desperate for a diet that does not have so many items with preservatives. That was my stuggle when i tried gluten free... to many preservatives.

Fresh fruit and veggies certainly won't make you "sick" it might exacerbate symptoms of cramps if you're in the middle of a flare but it 100% doesn't make you sick. It will be easier for you to watch Forks over Knives on netflix to understand what this diet entail but I can tell you it has made a huge difference for me as far as digestion goes. I have a severe case of UC for what it's worth, 2 yrs ago I had a flare up that lasted 4 months that was consisting of me running to the bathroom every 15 minutes and losing a lot of blood in the process and now I thrive on a diet that is very high in fiber.

Fresh fruit and veggies certainly won't make you "sick" it might exacerbate symptoms of cramps if you're in the middle of a flare but it 100% doesn't make you sick. It will be easier for you to watch Forks over Knives on netflix to understand what this diet entail but I can tell you it has made a huge difference for me as far as digestion goes. I have a severe case of UC for what it's worth, 2 yrs ago I had a flare up that lasted 4 months that was consisting of me running to the bathroom every 15 minutes and losing a lot of blood in the process and now I thrive on a diet that is very high in fiber.
Sick isn't the right word, fruit and veggies they just don't like me back. Stomach cramps, nausea, diarrhea,bloating all await me if I eat them. I have successfully added back cooked green peppers, tomatoes, peas and green beans. I miss raw veggies and fruit. Peaches and apples are the only fruits I can eat.
I am glad that you have found a diet that helps you so much and your symptoms are improving!

By the way at first when I started incorporating all these high fiber food items it did feel like I had more cramps and bloating but I got used to it and now no more cramps, sometimes some bloating but no more nausea and regular diahrrea like I used to have when I consumed animal products even prior to my UC diagnosis, I pretty much had "IBS" for 20 years then it suddenly got worse and turned into UC. Now I feel better than ever, It's not all doom and gloom, sometimes these chronic diseases force you to make better choices for your overall health :D

By the way at first when I started incorporating all these high fiber food items it did feel like I had more cramps and bloating but I got used to it and now no more cramps, sometimes some bloating but no more nausea and regular diahrrea like I used to have when I consumed animal products even prior to my UC diagnosis, I pretty much had "IBS" for 20 years then it suddenly got worse and turned into UC. Now I feel better than ever, It's not all doom and gloom, sometimes these chronic diseases force you to make better choices for your overall health :D
Yes they do!