• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Update- My Story

So about 2 months ago I joined this site and shared my story. Well, today I am updating all from ETCH. I am going to be here about a week. Because we could never get me in with a doctor I ended up in the ER last night with really bad stomach pains, a swollen throat, chills, and I had been bleeding from my back end earlier in the day. We found out several blood tests, an xray, and a ct with contrast later that I do have an infection in my colon and there's significant inflammation as well. I am scheduled to have yet another scope done Friday I think. I also went from having a blood count of 33 drop to 28 which isn't a great thing. So, I had to have a blood transfusion, 2 units in all I think, I've had to have fluids pumped through an IV since I got here, and I've had several more blood tests done. Anyways, yeah. There's an update, but hopefully this will help a lot. They got me a new doctor, so wish me luck!

Trysha

Staff member
Hello Brianna
It's good to hear you have now received the proper help and are on the way to a proper diagnosis and recovery.
That has been a very bad time for you--hurry up and get well soon
Please keep us posted on your progress we will be very interested to hear.
hugs and best wishes
Trysha

So about 2 months ago I joined this site and shared my story. Well, today I am updating all from ETCH. I am going to be here about a week. Because we could never get me in with a doctor I ended up in the ER last night with really bad stomach pains, a swollen throat, chills, and I had been bleeding from my back end earlier in the day. We found out several blood tests, an xray, and a ct with contrast later that I do have an infection in my colon and there's significant inflammation as well. I am scheduled to have yet another scope done Friday I think. I also went from having a blood count of 33 drop to 28 which isn't a great thing. So, I had to have a blood transfusion, 2 units in all I think, I've had to have fluids pumped through an IV since I got here, and I've had several more blood tests done. Anyways, yeah. There's an update, but hopefully this will help a lot. They got me a new doctor, so wish me luck!

I'm sorry to hear that. I was in the hospital for a week (March 25-April 2) due to a stool infection called c-diff. It inflamed my bowls and I was on pain medication to manage the pain. It's not fun I know. Sounds like you have it worse then I did and I'm sorry about that. I was lucky enough to not have bleeding or a swollen throat. My white blood cell count was just dangerously low due to the imuran I was taking, which they took me off of. Get better!! As much as it sucks being in the hospital it is the best place for you to get the care you need right now.