• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Stressed, feeling really low & crying a lot

Hi guys

I haven't been on the forum for a while as I have really been struggling with stress the last few months - work related and also still trying to come to terms with this disease.

I have really low mood and am crying all the time, for no reason whatsoever. I dropped a bag in the supermarket this morning and just started crying. The staff were great but I felt such a fool. As I am writing this, the tears are flowing.

I have restarted my counselling but due to holiday season, haven't seen her for 4 weeks - due to see her next week.

Health wise - things have been the same as for the last 6 months - some pain, some diarrhoea, lots of fatigue, sweats etc... but on Weds had a fecal calprotectin result of 300 (3 months ago it was 29). I will be seeing my consultant on Tues to try and see what's going on. Since Weds had loads of pain, hot and cold all the time and just feeling like s--t.

I am sure that the stress is aggravating my CD symptoms but I just can't seem to get the stress under control.

Sorry for ranting but I am sitting here feeling really sorry for myself and just needed to get it out.

Thanks for listening.

Carol, I'm concerned that you are vitamin depleted. Your supplementation even without a flare with the resection in the TI and small bowel area where the absorbtion takes place maybe iffy. Add to that your flaring it's pretty much guarantee'd that part of the stress, fatigue, emotion is being enhanced by the definciencies in my opinion. David or one of the others could probably give you more insight into this and prod you with questions for your upcoming appointment.

Gentle hugs.
Auntie Em

nogutsnoglory

I'm so sorry you are feeling so low. Don't be a stranger to the forum because we are here for you and care about your well being. I think counseling is a great option. You deserve to be heard and treated and to not feel so miserable. Sometimes medication is necessary too and there is nothing wrong with needing a little help. It's a tough world and coupled with our illness we definitely struggle. Lots of big hugs!

Auntie Em

I get all my various vitamins/minerals (as per David's advice) checked every 3 months and the last lot (2 weeks ago) all came back fine thankfully. It is the FP poo test that has me worried at the moment.

Thanks for your suggestions and for caring - much appreciated. I am feeling a bit better this evening.

:tongue:

I'm glad you are feeling a little better this evening. It all gets so overwhelming. Even if I run on the low normal side on some of my levels I have issues. Then last year menopause decided to rear it's head so all of the sudden I had hormone issues going on at the same time as other level issues and it wasn't pretty. Sometimes doctors don't think about that either whether it's menopause or low bodyweight that messes with hormones in conjunction with our vit. deficiencies.

I hope things improve and I know getting into the counselor next week will help too. Until then you know the forum is always here for you. Other times if I can't distract myself... I'm embarrassed to say.... I try to sleep through it. :(

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
I'm really sorry to hear you are struggling and I thank you for sharing with us. There are MANY of us as you already know who can relate.

I applaud you for taking matters into your own hands and seeking out help. You'd be surprised how many people are unable to be pro-active about their own health and well being overall. Hopefully your counselor is a great one and can help you learn to cope and manage more effectively as you learn to accept your disease and any challenges it may (or may not) bring your way. I hope counseling turns out to be just what you needed to help get back some sort of control in your life at least from a mental/emotional standpoint.

And you know you ALWAYS have us here to send you well wishes and hugs and warm thoughts and lend an open eye (not ear, we are on the internet :p)

I hope you start to feel better soon CeeCeeGo1

:hug:

Hi guys

I haven't been on the forum for a while as I have really been struggling with stress the last few months - work related and also still trying to come to terms with this disease.

I have really low mood and am crying all the time, for no reason whatsoever. I dropped a bag in the supermarket this morning and just started crying. The staff were great but I felt such a fool. As I am writing this, the tears are flowing.

I have restarted my counselling but due to holiday season, haven't seen her for 4 weeks - due to see her next week.

Health wise - things have been the same as for the last 6 months - some pain, some diarrhoea, lots of fatigue, sweats etc... but on Weds had a fecal calprotectin result of 300 (3 months ago it was 29). I will be seeing my consultant on Tues to try and see what's going on. Since Weds had loads of pain, hot and cold all the time and just feeling like s--t.

I am sure that the stress is aggravating my CD symptoms but I just can't seem to get the stress under control.

Sorry for ranting but I am sitting here feeling really sorry for myself and just needed to get it out.

Thanks for listening.

David

Co-Founder
I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling down :( IBD is such a hard disease physically, mentally, and emotionally. Frankly, it's inspiring to me how well you all are most of the time. You're all very strong people but even the strong have periods where they need support.
I get all my various vitamins/minerals (as per David's advice) checked every 3 months and the last lot (2 weeks ago) all came back fine thankfully. It is the FP poo test that has me worried at the moment.
Out of curiosity, which vitamins and minerals were tested and what were the specific levels?

I hope you're feeling better soon!