• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help me help a friend

Hello peeps,
A friend of mine recently got a stoma. She is not a crohnie and does not have Colitis. She had polyps all over her large intestine. Out it went and she now has a stoma. Thing is she is always shore. Her stoma hurts, the adhesive of the bag hurts, her tummy hurts. So help. Any products she can use to feel better? Special belts? Clothes? soap? ointment? Anything? Please make sure whatever you suggest they ship in Europe we are Greeks.

Thanks in advance guys, sorry I have been MIA from the forum but my life is super crazy busy lately.

Kisses to all
Scifimom

She'll be sore for at least a month - surgery does some pretty hefty damage to our tissue.

If she's allergic to the wafer adhesive, then she needs to try other brands to see what works. She might want to look into skin barrier wipes too. Does she have a stoma nurse that could help assess her situation?

No she doesn't have a nurse, in Greece if you get out of the hospital you are usually alone. Any tips to support her belly? In order to feel better? Is there any elastic belt or something that can help?

No she doesn't have a nurse, in Greece if you get out of the hospital you are usually alone. Any tips to support her belly? In order to feel better? Is there any elastic belt or something that can help?
If it's abdominal support that she's looking for, there are products available, but I don't know what is being sold in Greece. Could she contact an ostomy supplier to see what's available ?