• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

So angry right now....

My GI continued to insist its IBS and the inflammation means nothing. Well, fast forward to Friday morning. Woke up with bad pain and went to the ER. They did another CT scan and found I now have 25cms (almost a foot) of inflamed bowel, up from the 10 cms. ER doc and radiologist both say Crohns. I told the doc what my GI said (that is can't be crohns because I don't have all the signs and symptoms {basically I'm fat and fat people don't get it....}) and he looked shocked. He said overweight people can definitely have crohns.

He said the scan that showed the 10 cms, it was only a little inflammation could have been caused by anything and he could see why she wasn't sure. But he said now it's glaringly obvious that it is crohns so to go back and see her. So now I have to wait until Monday to call her office and hopefully get an appointment. UGH! I just want my life back!!!!

Unfortunately because she put in a requisition for a pill cam, I am stuck with her for a bit. Will depend on the response I get tomorrow when I call for a follow up. If she can't see me for a long time, or sloughs me off again, I will request to be discharged from her care and ask for an urgent referral to a new GI. 2 radiologists, my family doc, and ER doc have all said crohns, and she keeps saying it's not in my gut and she has exhausted all tests. I just think she doesn't want to deal with me :(

I called for a follow up, can't get in until November 13th. I will be talking to my family doctor and see what I need to do for a new GI. Almost 6 week wait? I can't wait that long. Inflammation spread 150% in 4 months. I wait too long and have a feeling I will end up having surgery

Your family doctor should be able to call this GI or another GI and get you a sooner apt.
When you called, did you say it was a follow-up from the ER where you were diagnosed with Crohn's and told to follow up as soon as possible? That's what I would say.

My current GI is apparently super booked and then going on a conference for 3 weeks. I was told if I'm in a flare to go to the ER. Can't be in "a flare" when I haven't even been officially diagnosed by her. Then go to an ER and go through my whole entire story/medical history 15 times to different doctors AGAIN?!?! Maybe if she didn't keep putting me off and actually decided to start some kind of treatment instead of sending me away with nothing I wouldn't be in this situation. I will be going to see my GP this morning and asking for a referral to another GI. This is just getting ridiculous.... My GP said he would do an urgent referral and get me in ASAP if necessary

My GI continued to insist its IBS and the inflammation means nothing. Well, fast forward to Friday morning. Woke up with bad pain and went to the ER. They did another CT scan and found I now have 25cms (almost a foot) of inflamed bowel, up from the 10 cms. ER doc and radiologist both say Crohns. I told the doc what my GI said (that is can't be crohns because I don't have all the signs and symptoms {basically I'm fat and fat people don't get it....}) and he looked shocked. He said overweight people can definitely have crohns.

He said the scan that showed the 10 cms, it was only a little inflammation could have been caused by anything and he could see why she wasn't sure. But he said now it's glaringly obvious that it is crohns so to go back and see her. So now I have to wait until Monday to call her office and hopefully get an appointment. UGH! I just want my life back!!!!
Hope you find a new doc. Very frustrating for sure! I get docs that argue with me over my diagnosis Indeterminate Crohn's Colitis. There is no excuse for what happened to you. I left a gastro years ago when I wasn't improving and then when we did colonoscopy in flare (which you avoid) the doc said it was pan colitis. It can be hard to find really good gastros. Hope you find a more responsive doc and feel better. I have done this for 37 years.