• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Can you make the SCD chicken soup with boneless/skinless breasts?

Or do you have to use bone-in chicken parts? I don't mind if it's not as flavorful as the last time I made it (before I broke the intro diet yesterday and today!), but I have boneless and skinless organic chicken breasts...

vonfunk

Bourbon Bandito
It'll be lighter tasting, you can alter the recipe by adding more chicken or less water to add more flavour.
I have no clue what the recipe is, however if concerned about the flavour being weak, adding some mushrooms to the soup for the last 20 minutes or so of cooking will provide a natural source of glutimate (umami) helping to make the flavour heartier. Your call if you want to remove them before serving.

You can make a milder chicken soup, but it's not "the" SCD chicken soup.

Cooking up the bones, gristle and tendons releases alot of nutrients claimed to help heal the gut (and the rest of you)
"The prolonged cooking of bones in water results in a broth rich in nutritional constituents that promote strength, tonify blood, nourish in times of sickness and rehabilitation, and help to prevent bone and connective tissue disorders. "
plus a list of nutrients.....
https://www.jadeinstitute.com/jade/bone-broth-health-building.php

Did you find the starter soup flavorful? I'm eating it today and it is super bland. Just wondering if it's because this is my first attempt at soup or if the starter soup is bland.