Share Facebook

08-16-2017, 03:31 PM   #1
dancer

Rice Cakes

I love rice cakes, but I just noticed that the package says 8 grams of whole grain brown rice per piece! I always eat around 3 or so. I had no idea it was whole grain brown rice. Is that bad to eat? Iím still new to figuring out what I can eat and not eat. Is there such a thing as regular white rice, rice cakes? Or are they all whole grain brown rice?

Thank you so much for your help.
08-16-2017, 03:43 PM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Everyone is different but I got the impression that brown rice is supposed to be better
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
08-17-2017, 09:52 AM   #3
scottsma

My Support Groups:
I've just looks at my packet of rice cakes and it says 29% wholegrain rice. Like Ron says
wholegrain is supposed to be better BUT some people with IBD can not tolerate fibre so stick to white rice,bread,pasta etc.So if you haven't had a problem before I would say go ahead and enjoy them.Welcome to the forum,why not tell us how you came to be here.We're all very interested in other folks symptoms,meds etc.
08-18-2017, 06:49 AM   #4
Beach
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I believe they are all brown rice. That is what I've noticed on labels. I've become a recent eater of rice cakes. I've found they help improve my energy levels. That is so long as I don't eat to many. At least for now more than 3 in a day and I'll feel queazy to my stomach. I'm hoping to be able to eat more with out issue in the future.
08-18-2017, 09:45 AM   #5
scottsma

My Support Groups:
I don't eat them daily but when I do I enjoy them with mashed or sliced banana and honey