• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Update

update

Alright... took pico salax this morning at 7:10 am and 2 hours later still nothing lol. whats going on? I didnt go for 5 days (this is not me) and now its taking forever for this stuff to work lol. Last time I took it within 15 min I started running to the bathroom. :eek: Tomorrow (tuesday) is my colonoscopy, was informed I will not be put under as the anesthesiologist will not be there (figured) so Ill be given demerol and versed :eek: ... I will keep you posted on the rest!

Ok something is wrong... lol this stuff isnt acting up on me like it did my first colonoscopy. I went 3 times since 7am this morning and its almost 2pm. Last time I took this prep I went like 10 times in hour. Im starting to be scared that something isnt right. Could I be blocked lol

Sorry TMI... but you all told me their is no such thing as TMI here :p

fenway1971

Sports Crohnie
No such thing as TMI here. you know that.

I can't help you - but I can offer you hugs. Not sure why it isn't working. Did you go liquid diet day before?

beth said:
I'd have thought nothing would stop that stuff. Maybe you have a stricture...
a stricture? what is that...

Gee I only went like 4 times since this morning. Maybe once I take the second dose I will be running ... Im taking pico salax.

Last time I took this stuff it took like 15 min to work and trust me I was on there for a while now... its like Im wasting a day sitting in front of my computer.

fenway1971 said:
No such thing as TMI here. you know that.

I can't help you - but I can offer you hugs. Not sure why it isn't working. Did you go liquid diet day before?
I am on the day before , im on my prep (pico-salax), liquid diet for the day too "ive never drank this much water and gatorade. I pee more then purge my system out lol. My colonoscopy is tomorrow

update: Im hungryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I think Im getting a big pizza after this.
Leaving at 10am
colono at 10:45
Just thinking that this time it will be a male that will look at my ass and stick his fingers up there :eek: ... would you girls prefer big fingers or a womans nails lol
I better be well sedated... but I hope I will be sedated the anestesiologist will not be present :(

Santos61198 said:
Good luck - let us know how it all went!
And make sure you get that pizza :D
Back to square one :(

First colono last year (found a bit of redness but no proof for crohns with biopsy) - No hems
Then a couple months later I have a a rectoscopy done and they found inflammation and ulcers - No hems
And this colonoscopy (hems and red colon) took biopsi have to see him ina month... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Now he sais the bleeding is probably my hems but the other test I didnt have hems si the bleeding is coming from somewhere. :eek:

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Aww - sorry you didn't get the answers you were looking for. I guess if the bleeding is from hemmerhoids, that's better than up higher - or no?

My Butt Hurts said:
Aww - sorry you didn't get the answers you were looking for. I guess if the bleeding is from hemmerhoids, that's better than up higher - or no?
This is Ive been bleeding for almost 2 years. Many doctors have checked me and I didnt have Hems.
First colono (they didnt see any)
Second (protoscopy) , where they only check the rectum (nothing, but inflammation, I remember it burned like crazy)
Todays colonoscopy (red colon but took biopsy have to wait 1 month for results)
I asked well then whats this piece of skin hanging from my ass and it burns when I go and ive been bleeding non stop for almost 2 years? He said the skin is probably fissures caused by the hems and thats whats probably bleeding (if it was fissures he would of saw it in the colono)... "HUHHHHH" Its like one min I dont have hems then the next thats what I have, one min my colon is inflamed the next its fine. I have diarrhea and blood for a reason. Now he leaves me suffering like this for another month. Damn I dont know if this will insult the GI but Im going to take pictures of the blood in the Toilette. So if he took a biopsy, he didnt just do that for fun?? Im confused! Im back at square one... and this time I wasnt sedated as much (was aware of everything, no pain just gassy pain) and it lasted 5 min. Last time I was out and was in there for a good 20 min. I dont know ...

So I wonder... now what??? Last colonoscopy I had inflammation but the biopsy came back negative, protoscopy revealed inflammation (she said I needed another colonoscopy) cuz she saw sores and didnt have the equipment to take biopsy. Today I get my colonoscopy and GI says everything is good. A little red and we took a biopsy... A biopsy of what? if everything is good and if this one comes back negative... geee do you have to have a positive biopsy to be diagnosed with something. So if I have inflammation that comes and goes what does this mean? They better not say its IBS:ymad: I dont know what to do anymore...running out of resources. Im tired of living like this.:depressed: