• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sorta diagnosed very frustrated help!

Hi everyone! First post here. I'm so frustrated and would love to get opinions from you experts.
Here's my story....

Started when I was around 7 year old, I'm 45 now. I can remember having horrible stomach pain, and rocking back and forth to self-soothe. Doctor at that time told my parents that I was stressed out because my brother had died in an auto accident. They dismissed it at that. I knew my pain was real, I would break out into a sweat, and rock myself to sleep. This continued and got worse. Finally my mom got a job at the school, so she could be near me and take care of me when I got sick...which was often. At 10 they did testing and said I had ulcers and a spasmoidic colon. They put me on pareogoric liquid and tagamet. I was hospitalized many times and leukemia ruled out due to the high wbc. This went on for years, with flare-ups then periods f time I would be somewhat well. I was dx with IBS as a teen.

Fast forward to 21 year old me. I had just had my first child, and was terribly sick the whole pregnancy. I began throwing up green bitter slime and cramping with D. E.R gave me morphine, said gallstones. It was the same pain I had felt as a small child. They removed that, but I still had horrible IBS.

2004. Constipation. Resulted in a left-sided colectomy due to severely twisted colon. A few months later....more surgery, more bowel removal. Still sick. Fatigued/miserable. Was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Impactions need to be manually removed, followed by diarrheah.

Current. Been in E.R twice in past six months with pain in my right side/bloating and D. Cat scan showed a "strong segment" of narrowing, thickening in the ileceol valve. Colonoscopy showed normal, despite polyps. Second trip to ER, second Cat Scan. Same results, dr said "you have crohns".....find a gastro. So i did.

Gastro was literally a new/fresh dr. He never looked at my results, never did an exam. Come back in 4 weeks. Said, he thinks i just have ibs. Im so sick, eating anything causes immediate bloating and D. I use the toilet up to 15 times a day. I'm so fatigued I can hardly move. So yeah....that's where i'm at. Currently looking for a new gastro.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.

You've had quite a journey. I hope you find a doctor soon so treatment can start.
Sending you my support.