• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Extreme fatigue

Not sure if it is from the Humira or what but the last week and a half I have been SO tired. It doesn't matter how much I sleep, my insides are feeling better so the Humira is working but dang, I just want to sleep all the time!

Has anyone else had this happen?

Have you had your blood checked lately? If not, you might tell your doctor what is going on and ask him to check your blood.

I am on remicade, which does not seem to be working, but I am so tired all the time. No matter how much I sleep. Plus I feel arthritic in my hands, feet, knees and spine. If i eat something then I have to lie down, and usually fall asleep. Everything seems tired and seems to hurt.

I am on remicade, which does not seem to be working, but I am so tired all the time. No matter how much I sleep. Plus I feel arthritic in my hands, feet, knees and spine. If i eat something then I have to lie down, and usually fall asleep. Everything seems tired and seems to hurt.
I am sorry.

I do have some body pain, my back especially, but the tiredness sounds exactly the same. It's pretty annoying. I slept 11.5 hours last and I still feel like I could sleep more.

I was diagnosed January 2013. Still unmedications, but fatigue is apart of my everyday life. It never ends and I feel like I can sleep all day long.

I wonder where you live? Could it be related to the seasons? Here it is winter and the days are so short, it is dark and cold, and that makes me more tired. I am taking vitamin D every day to try and take off the edge of the tiredness.

David

Co-Founder
Those of you with fatigue, be sure to have your B12 level tested if you haven't. B12 deficiency is one of if not the most common cause of fatigue in people with Crohn's disease and is a very easy fix.

fuzzy butterfly

Hi tiredness is a big issue for us guys. Sometimes i feel to tired to even bathe . Its like a big task . The fact that iv have too makes it worse coz its not something i can say oh il do it another time. I work a full time job n no one would know how tired i am but once at home i just flop like a wet dish rag . I put on a brave face as it were to others but i really struggle to stay awake n try not to yawn when in company. . That tires me even more, im too tired to think these days . I try n make an effort to do fun stuff but struggle to enjoy it coz of the tiredness. Oh well whinge over.☺ love to all 💕

Doesn't help that I avoid eating at all costs. I used to absolutely love food. Now i hate eating, and the craving i get to eat what i want. Oh well, endure it as long as u can possibly take it. But this "for me" is absolutely no quality of life.

Same happens to me. I can literally fall asleep basically at any time of the day if I am still enough. Make sure you are taking all your vitamins. Maybe a b12 shot will help.

fuzzy butterfly

Hi i have b12 shots makes no difference to me what so ever. Never feel any less tired. I know of folks who feel much better for it tho. Just my luck lol. All my vit levels etc are ok. So i dont know what else to do but bear withit. Always worth a shot (no pun intended) to try it as it may help. Best wishes 💕

I have taken and still take B12 shots, and they used to help with the fatigue...but they haven't for a while now. Going to the doc on the 27th and I am going to see what she says about it.

Same thing here, always tired no matter what. Take B-12 shots and no different. What to do. Well on another note going in on July 25 2016 to have some more of the small intestines taken out , This will be the third time for me , Oh well , what's next in the life of IBD / Crohn's Disease,,,, Can't seam to get a break. Would give anything to feel a little normal for a while.??
Life is such..........

Same thing here, always tired no matter what. Take B-12 shots and no different. What to do. Well on another note going in on July 25 2016 to have some more of the small intestines taken out , This will be the third time for me , Oh well , what's next in the life of IBD / Crohn's Disease,,,, Can't seam to get a break. Would give anything to feel a little normal for a while.??
Life is such..........
Sending support

Maybe your doctor needs to switch you to something else, BigBoss.

My iron is a bit low, my fr was thinkin of possibly starting to give me iron shots as well. Believe my ferritin levels are good, but im not sure.
I really just feel hopeless. My joints hurt, my feet hurt, my knees hurt...

Get a full workup done. I have been recommended to stay far away from intramuscular iron shots...major problems. I did 7 IV iron infusions and they really didnt do anything. Now on oral iron polysaccharide 150mgs and no pain! Waiting a month or two to retest iron and ferritin levels. Maybe try an antidepressant as well (if not already taking) to help the hopelessness...depression is very common in chronic disease patients. It could be a combination of active disease/anemia/depression.

No, im not taking them already, the anti depressants. I was seeing a psychologist and she recommended them, as well as seeing a psychiatrist. Not really to open to taking the meds as I have read some real horror stories, especially when people stop taking the meds. The depression is def multiplied by other life events that occured to initially cause my crohns to flare like a wildfire.

I wouldnt trust online reviews of antidepressants. No one writes reviews that are being treated successfully...it's mainly people that it doesnt work for. Talk to a real doctor (MD). Wellbutrin is good, doesnt cause sexual side effects. Many, many people like the traditional SSRI's though too. Extreme fatigue is a symptom of depression, among other causes. Life is too short to be miserable.

Yup, i def agree, but i am so used to being miserable. Felt like this since 2011. I mean, i just barely saw a psychologist, and after a couple sessions she was thinking it might be worth seeing a psychiatrist. I just dont know, makes it even more difficult that i feel broken and mentally, physically and emotionally. I am so over spending days at the dr office.