• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Prednisone and cold hands

Had a bit time finding an answer to my question, if there is one :cool2:

I'm taking prednisone (40 mg) the day before my remicade (infliximab) treatment, and on the day too, to prevent antibodies from developing. Today it's the day after the treatment, and I appear to be freezing my hands.

Does it take less than 2 days on pred, to supress some functions that could affect cold hands? Perhaps a tough question, but I just found it strange, hope I'm not wasting everyones time :ylol:

Had a bit time finding an answer to my question, if there is one :cool2:

I'm taking prednisone (40 mg) the day before my remicade (infliximab) treatment, and on the day too, to prevent antibodies from developing. Today it's the day after the treatment, and I appear to be freezing my hands.

Does it take less than 2 days on pred, to supress some functions that could affect cold hands? Perhaps a tough question, but I just found it strange, hope I'm not wasting everyones time :ylol:
Hi there.

I have been taking Humira. A lot of times after my injection my hands will be freezing.

I also have been on entocort (tapering now) since August and have been getting cold hands for a long time. :( It's really unpleasant. I mean they are freezing adn sometimes my nose as well. I don't know if it is a blood pressure thing or what?!

Christina

Hi there.

I have been taking Humira. A lot of times after my injection my hands will be freezing.

I also have been on entocort (tapering now) since August and have been getting cold hands for a long time. :( It's really unpleasant. I mean they are freezing adn sometimes my nose as well. I don't know if it is a blood pressure thing or what?!

Christina
I'm not on prednisone anyways and got cold hands either way. One thing we have in common is the steep lowering of immune system. My guess is it is the humira, try asking your doc about it, although not entirely sure about it, thats what im going to do in 3 weeks where I'm getting my infliximab injection. I haven't had cold hands and cold feet forever, its something thats come after starting on Crohns meds, I think.