• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Constipated and feeling like dirt (may be a little gross)

constipated and feeling like dirt (may be a little gross)

constipation isn't really anything new for me but has been awful for a week and a half. here's the deal

-last monday i took about 3... maybe 4 doses of liquid pepto bismol b/c it works way better for me than imodium.
-was able to go fine tuesday
-then from tuesday to monday was pretty stopped up and wen't maybe a days worth if that. but monday wen't onl a few days worth in 4 or 5 trips to the potty.
-was finaly able ot go today (thursday) after not being able to since monday.

i really don't think it's ever been this bad for me and i'm lucky that my check up is tomorrow morning but i am SO uncomfortable. i'm extra tired, from my belly button down it feels like i ate elmers glue or something b/c it feels so stuck and gross, and i just generally feel yuckie b/c i'm hungry but the idea of eating is gross b/c of everything feeling stuck. ugh.

do you get like this? any advice on how to get it moving a little (not to much, i want to make it to the dr tomorrow)? i sit there for 10 minutes to go less thanmy cat. it's annoying.

and, there is a lot of mucous. like more in the past week and a half than in the past few months.

i have been. it just took a really long time. they diagnosed me in april.

i've been sooo good about not taking it too! haha. it had been MONTHS like. i took a chew here or there (maybe once a month if that if i felt really yckie) but i can't even remember when i last bought a bottle. i just wouldn't have been able to make it home from ohio without it.

i've been thinking narrowing and it started to freak me out but i was thinking when i do go a little, it's not skinny like spaghetti so i'd be good... that's me optimism. haha.

i tried eating corn to see if it would help a little. i'd rather have some pain and go than keep feeling like this. at least there's only 15 hrs til i see the doc.

thanks i will.