• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to this Forum- 20 Year Old w/ Crohns

Hi! My names Allison and I am 20 years old. I just got diagnosed with severe crohns disease in November of 2014. I really had no idea what the disease was up until that point. Nothing led up to me getting sick, it all hit me pretty fast. Unfortunately I had no idea what I had gotten into.

Anyways, I'm here to talk if anyone ever needs it (even though I am fairly new to the disease I still want to be of support)
I also want to get to know other teens out there going through the same thing as me!

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.
I'm glad you decided to join. Give yourself time to adjust.

Sending you my support.

SarahBear

Welcome to the forum, Allison! Sorry you've had need to find us. :(

Are there any specific questions or concerns you're having? How is your treatment going so far?

Welcome Allison!
I'm also 20 diagnosed Nov 2013. How are you doing now? Flaring, remission or the horrible In-between?

Welcome to the forum, Allison! Sorry you've had need to find us. :(

Are there any specific questions or concerns you're having? How is your treatment going so far?
I don't have any questions so far..figuring everything out one day at a time. I got really sick about the month ago and ended up in the hospital. I was there for a week and given fluids through an IV the whole time. I also had a blood transfusion (two bags). Then they decided to do a colonoscopy to see if anything had changed sense I first got diagnosed and they found that there is only two inches out of my whole body not infected with crohns now (small intestine, large intestine, and colan are infected) I tried to stay away from Humira but my gastro said I needed the big guns now. so Ive just recently started that and I never thought I could ever feel "normal" again but i do!

Welcome Allison!
I'm also 20 diagnosed Nov 2013. How are you doing now? Flaring, remission or the horrible In-between?
Remisson! Thank god, I was so bad I couldn't even leave the house. My gastro recently put me on Humira (along with a few other things) and I have never felt better sense I got diagnosed. I am so relieved that this medication is working

Hey welcome!

I was diagnosed at 20 as well. Same diagnoses. The forum really helps out finding personal experiences of meds, surgeries etc that doctors can't truly give you. It helped a lot recently when I started remicade to read others experiences. Good luck and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Ian

Hey welcome!

I was diagnosed at 20 as well. Same diagnoses. The forum really helps out finding personal experiences of meds, surgeries etc that doctors can't truly give you. It helped a lot recently when I started remicade to read others experiences. Good luck and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Ian

Glad humira is working so well for you
Ds is 11 ( dx at age 7) and has been on humira for 2.5 years now
It works wonders .

Hi, I'm Phyllis and new to the Forum. I've been truly informed by several of you
I have been on Remicade every 4 weeks for 2 years along with Azathioprine which I take 4 pills daily. I read about the rashes and itching, that is what I am experiencing now. My doctor put me on benadryl and pepcid. It didn't seem to work, so I added Seabreeze for the rash. But it seems I'm getting what looks like lesions only on my backside. Has anyone experienced this?