• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anyone tried Acupuncture?

I went to my first acupuncture appointment on Friday. It was an hour long session. I had needles in my forehead all the way down to my ankles with several in my abdominal area. The Doctor informed me that in Chinese medicine IBD/Crohn's tends to be caused by "higher than normal" blood temperature (not to be confused with high blood pressure which has nothing to do with IBD). This can often (not always) be associated with underlying anxiety and stress. The facility was very zen-like and I was able to nearly fall asleep before they came back in to remove all of the needles, which by the way was more uncomfortable then being stuck with them! I was given Chinese herbs that are supposed to help with anxiety and "cooling" of the body (blood). I have felt AMAZING all weekend. I was even able to tolerate some foods that I haven't been able to have recently, such as a hot basket of french fries!!!

Definitely planning on keeping the acupuncture routine going, and best of all many insurance companies now cover it! :dog:

I haven't tried needle acupuncture to any large extent. I had it done once and didn't care for it.

I have done some alternative acupuncture ideas such as earthing/ grounding. That has been helpful for my stomach. It hasn't been a cure but have noticed benefits from it.

I haven't tried needle acupuncture to any large extent. I had it done once and didn't care for it.

I have done some alternative acupuncture ideas such as earthing/ grounding. That has been helpful for my stomach. It hasn't been a cure but have noticed benefits from it.
Hi there sounds great what was the name of the herbes it might be able to be bought separately might help a few folk don't think I could hack the needles tho 😕