• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Name my stoma!!!

ameslouise

Looking for suggestions to name the little bugger....

Anyone got any good ideas? Is my stoma male or female????? I have no idea!!!

Terriernut

Took me a bit to name mine Stan! It's definetely a male. Prima donna, moody, pain in the backside...must be a male. Never mind it looks like a circumsised..ya know.

I figure Stan should vote personally. He talks enough! Anyway...get to know it's personality a bit. Then a name will come to you!

Mine, well, he has to have a certain temp of water. When he gets excercised he gets bigger. When he has cold water he gets shrinkage. Really. When I'm sick he gets pale. Really. He likes showers...gets all happy and bigger. I swear to Gawd he has a proper personality. He is Stan...hear him speak! I do slap him if he gets out of hand.

Only time will tell what your stoma personality will be! Then a name will come to you. But it may be something you cant type here..erm.

Misty

vickyoddsocks

wears odd socks
Hahaha! Brilliant!
I was thinking the exact same thing too, to help with the 'positive outlook' thing! lol!
We already thought of 'Bernard the Bag', but im still thinking of stoma names, maybe ill wait too! :D

Nyx

Another member on here named mine...Oscar the Grouch....lol I posted in the poll section of the forum and got lots of replies! It was great...lol

Nyx

I actually pondered naming mine Pinky (from Pinky and the Brain)..I thought it was cute...but Oscar fit his personality better. And yes, mine's a boy too...lol

Crohn's Mom

I'm quite sure Gab will name hers eventually...after all, she names everything else ! (Her cars name is Polly...:ywow:)

It'll be interesting to see some of the suggestions ! :)

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
Brown Eyed-Girl- She's so full of s!@# that her eyes are brown. I meant this out of fun.

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
Was thinking LouiseAmes...which evolved into Lola. (Okay, "Losa" would be closer, but who doesn't want something named Lola, and anyway, "Losa" sounds like "loser" and that quality you and your stoma are not!)

ya..you guys are awesome :)
I remember Nyx posting her "name the stoma" when I first signed up here - hilarious! I will think of some names.... haha
hope youre doing okay Ames

Mine is Mr President... annoying, full of crap, and thankfully temporary. My back end is Mr Vice President... useless, meaningless, and hopefully in a couple of weeks, will rise to power.

Amy- can I please take a pick of the names that you don't use? Right now, it's just 'it' and 'that', and is slowly getting a complex!!
Today though, it's being a right b*****d and I hate it!!
xx

How about - Gloria? I don't know why it just sort of popped into my head. My roommate in first year university was Gloria and she was a pain in the ass :)

How about:

Winnie
Mr Sidebottom
Bit On The Side
Dave
Darth Limpit
Rudolph
Cake
Bungholio
Prince Chester Mullet The Third
Ringo

Mine is called Homer :D

Nyx

Please don't pick Dave...that's my finace's name...he can be a pain in the ass but he's not an asshole....lol

Astra

Hiya Amy
hope you're doing ok?

How about Richard?
I told Andrea to name hers Colin (as in Powell, Colon?)

Or Vesuvius, or Etna?

Stay well Amy
xxxxx

ameslouise

OMG these are all GREAT!!!!

Amy - EZ Pass! That is awesome!

I really like Bilbo, but I am not ready to settle on a permanent moniker yet.... the little bugger is only 2 weeks old! Awwww, ain't he cute? :)

- Ames

I really like Bilbo, but I am not ready to settle on a permanent moniker yet.... the little bugger is only 2 weeks old! Awwww, ain't he cute? :)

Yay, pick mine, pick mine :biggrin: 'Bagpuss' also occurred to me the other day.
Sounds like you and he/she are getting along pretty well, Amy. Can't believe it's been two weeks already. Wishing you continued good health with your new 'offspring'. :kiss:

Not sure what you would name your stoma, but I was thinking since you had surgery so close together, you and Andrea are practically ostomates.

I'm sorry, that was terrible. :yfaint:

Also I had never heard of Bagpuss (in the U.S.) and I think that is a shame.

ameslouise

Yes, Andrea and I are ostomates for sure!!! I couldn't ask for a better ostomate!

Thanks for the vid about bagpuss. Cute!

Trysha

Staff member
Bagpuss landed with me in Toronto just after the New Year.
Created quite a bit of excitement for a little Canadian girl and her family.
trysha

Trysha

Staff member
So glad you are on the mend Ames and hope the future will stay smooth for you.
trysha

ameslouise

Oh, Mark, you are BAD!!!!!

I think I am going to go with Bilbo. I love the way it sounds and it cracks me up to have its last name be "Baggins."

So thank you Grumbletum for the winning name!!!

- Ames (and Bilbo)

ameslouise

Hahahaha! That's great!

Oliver Stone is an alum of the prep school my husband attended. Next time I see him at a reunion, I am going to bust out laughing, picturing a life size stoma!!

Called mine Dennis (as in Dennis the Menace) coz he can't decide if he wants to be a colostomy or an ileostomy, so constantly changes alliegence

I assumed Kazza has had multiple stoma surgeries, some of which resulted in a colostomy, and some in an ileostomy? I've never had a colostomy, but I've had three separate surgeries that resulted in a new ileostomy stoma. I view each as a separate stoma, but I can see why it might feel like just the one, but one that's changing. I suppose they are all from the same intestine. Or have I interpreted your post completely incorrectly, Kazza?

As for names, I tried naming my first stoma (or my stoma's first incarnation?!) but it just felt weird to me. It's not a separate being, it's just part of my digestive system.