• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Slight problem or over reacting?

So as some of you guys know I just had an ileocecectomy. They took out my appendix, 24cm of my s.i., and my cecum. Everything went great.I've been eating more in my life than I ever have with no complications. Alright fast forward to last night. I ate my dinner, went to bed. I woke up at 3:30 and had to go. But I got this feeling of my intestines "stretching" out. So Ithe eventually drops and I go. I look in the toilet and there is a tiny amount of blood. Nothing extreme. Just a little here and there. Now is this potentially my intestines stretching or did I rip something? Mind you I am 11 days post op, and yesterdays diet was no different from the 7 days I've been home. Obviously I am going to continue to monitor it and see what happens. I'll also note that there was no pain at the site of surgery. Just like I said that feeling of the intestines stretching much much lower. Almost like that "I'm gonna have a huge shit soon" that "normal" people get.

Was it bright red blood or dark blood(digested blood). Bright red would indicate a hemorrhoid or bleeding from close to the rectum. Digested blood coloring would indicate it came from further upstream. If it was from your anastomosis(surgery join) i would think it would be digested blood considering it would still have to travel through the colon.

Was it bright red blood or dark blood(digested blood). Bright red would indicate a hemorrhoid or bleeding from close to the rectum. Digested blood coloring would indicate it came from further upstream. If it was from your anastomosis(surgery join) i would think it would be digested blood considering it would still have to travel through the colon.
Well, just had another nm. (12 hours from last one) it wasn't pretty, but being day 12 out of surgeoncy I'm not expected to be regulated yet anyway. No blood at all. It was bright red, definitely not digested blood, which is also why I wasn't to worried.