• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Full-proof homemade mayo- SCD legal

Use a hand blender instead of a regular blender. It's full-proof. You don't even have to drizzle the oil. The oil is the only thing I ever measure. All other ingredients I just toss in by eye.

One egg
2/3 cup oil
pinch of salt
dry mustard-about half a teaspoon
splash of vinegar-about a teaspoon

Put all ingredients into plastic cup. If you use a jar with a lid you can blend and store in the same container (I'm all about saving on washing dishes). Using hand blender on full speed blend until thick, about 20 seconds or so.

Oh, that's good to know! I have seen many recipes where people told you to eat it within the first few days. It didn't make sense for me to make it, so this helps :)

Oh, that's good to know! I have seen many recipes where people told you to eat it within the first few days. It didn't make sense for me to make it, so this helps :)
Yes, I've seen those suggestions as well. I figure I'm already "risking" my life using raw eggs so why not go for broke and eat it after two weeks!

Seriously, I made and ate this homemade mayo for almost a year when I was on SCD the last time (and I eat a lot of mayo!) and never once had any type of problem with it going bad or the raw eggs being a problem.