Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Help with diagnosis please? Very new to all this ...

05-11-2016, 01:12 AM   #1
AW16

Help with diagnosis please? Very new to all this ...

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a bit of advice please as I'm feeling a bit in the dark and confused, and figured this might be the best place to come!
I had a colonoscopy yesterday after months of horrible symptoms such as pain, diarrhoea, weight loss, fatigue and joint pain. They diagnosed me with ileitis yesterday as well as noting inflammation and extremely enlarged Peyers nodules, and took 6 biopsies that I will get the results of in a few weeks. Am I right in thinking that ileitis is one of the 5 types of crohns? And do the enlarged nodules which are an immune response also point to crohns?
Feel a bit in the dark as they printed me a report which diagnosed ileitis and then said my gp will see me in 4 ish weeks when they get the biopsies back.
Can anyone offer insight or advice please?
Thanks
A x
05-11-2016, 06:49 AM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
[QUOTE=AW16;934259]Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a bit of advice please as I'm feeling a bit in the dark and confused, and figured this might be the best place to come!
I had a colonoscopy yesterday after months of horrible symptoms such as pain, diarrhoea, weight loss, fatigue and joint pain. They diagnosed me with ileitis yesterday as well as noting inflammation and extremely enlarged Peyers nodules, and took 6 biopsies that I will get the results of in a few weeks. Am I right in thinking that ileitis is one of the 5 types of crohns? And do the enlarged nodules which are an immune response also point to crohns?
Feel a bit in the dark as they printed me a report which diagnosed ileitis and then said my gp will see me in 4 ish weeks when they get the biopsies back.
Can anyone offer insight or advice please?
Thanks
A x[/Q
Ileitis is Crohns Disease. I am not sure about the enlarged nodules. I am sorry you have this but you have come to a very supportive group.
05-11-2016, 07:16 AM   #3
JaimeM

My Support Groups:
ileitis technically just means inflammation of the ileum. It can be crohns disease, or it can be inflammation from something else. At least that's my understanding.
Switched to Cimzia but didn't work 2015
Back to Remicade and added Azathioprine 2016
05-11-2016, 08:24 AM   #4
caretothepeople

Hello, and welcome. The CCFA has information on ileitis which can be found here: http://www.ccfa.org/what-are-crohns-...s-disease.html

It sounds like you'll want to speak with your doctor further to learn much more about your diagnosis and the type your have. CCFA also has a nice list of specific questions to ask the doctor: http://www.ccfa.org/what-are-crohns-...ns-to-ask.html
05-11-2016, 03:26 PM   #5
Scared1

ileitis technically just means inflammation of the ileum. It can be crohns disease, or it can be inflammation from something else. At least that's my understanding.
That is correct - you can have it from infection also or taking too much NSAIDs. If it was a one-to-one relationship, it would be easy in some cases to diagnose crohn's - you have ilietis so it is Crohns. Unfortunately, it is not that easy, I can attest to it myself.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Help with diagnosis please? Very new to all this ...