• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fissures or abscesses? Or something else?

I am kinda new at this so I was wondering if you all could help me out. When I use the restroom it hurts, and I normally see bright red blood. Sometimes I dread using the restroom because it hurts really bad! After I use the restroom I feel a lot of pressure down there, and it hurts to the touch. Sometimes I'll sit in a warm bath and that does help some. I was just wondering if you may know what it was.. Or of anything to help the pain. I am probably going to see the doctor soon about it, but I wanted to see what you guys had to say first.
Thanks for your help! Xo

Zebrina:
Have you been diagnosed with Crohns or some form of IBD? Are you on any medications? I think you need to see your doctor. It could be something as anal fissures or it could be something more serious. Check in with your GI to be sure. Take care!

You should definitely go see your doc, as these symptoms mean that something is going on. It is hard to say whether it is a fissure, fistula, or abscess. To be honest, they share common symptoms and the only thing that would help you get an answer would be to see a doc. Please don't wait too long, anal problems can progress quickly and get ugly very fast. I am not trying to scare you, but it is something to take seriously and catch early.

Zebrina:
Have you been diagnosed with Crohns or some form of IBD? Are you on any medications? I think you need to see your doctor. It could be something as anal fissures or it could be something more serious. Check in with your GI to be sure. Take care!
Yes I was diagnosed with Crohns, and I am on Pentasa. I also have skin tag like things on my anus.. But I'm pretty sure my doctor saw those when I had my colonoscopy. Can those be removed? I will have to make an appointment this next week then.

How frequently are you using the restroom and how formed are your stools?
Depending on the day.. Well after I eat a big meal or get full my stools are solid and I think that it stretches it out and tears it open. So should I take stool softener? Or eat different foods?

Yes I was diagnosed with Crohns, and I am on Pentasa. I also have skin tag like things on my anus.. But I'm pretty sure my doctor saw those when I had my colonoscopy. Can those be removed? I will have to make an appointment this next week then.
These sound like hemorrhoids to me and they can certainly bleed and cause significant pain. If you're having solid formed stools then to me it sounds like you're not flaring and the bleeding is not necessarily inflammation related. I'm no doctor and don't pretend to be, so I still suggest, as others have, that you seek medical attention ASAP.