• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Mouth Problems

What are you doing to get rid of it? There's a really good med that's called Swish and Swallow here in Canada that has worked for me in one or two days. Look for something similar if you can.

I switched to a SLS free toothpaste (Closys generic brand) to help with my mouth ulcers, and I have only had one in the last few years! I highly recommend it. As for the thrush, I used hydrogen peroxide and brushed my tongue with it as it bubbled. Then I would open a probiotic capsule and let the powder sit on my tongue for a while. It tastes kinda funny, but helped regrow the good stuff in my mouth.

Only thing that temporarily gets rid of my recurrent thrush is nystatin mouth rinse or diflucan pills. I prefer the pills. For me the ulcers come and go, persistent ones I numb with oragel type substances.

I hope you find some relief.

What are you doing to get rid of it? There's a really good med that's called Swish and Swallow here in Canada that has worked for me in one or two days. Look for something similar if you can.
2nd round of anti fungilin lozenge tablets. That's about it, not working at all.

I have to go back to doc next week so will also ask if there is anything else. Will try some of the options here too thank guys.

My wife had thrush once. It was caused by anything that had alcohol in it. Apparently, it killed some kind of beneficial bacteria in her mouth.

Antibiotics, immune suppressants can also cause it.

Dan