• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ilestomy reversal question

I've had a ilestomy for several months I had part my intestine cut out as well, I seem to be doing fine with recovery etc got a bit of a prolapse but it is manageable with prolapse belt, I'm due to see my surgeon next month about the reversal of my ilestomy , does anyone have any experiences with what I can expect ? Thanks much appreciated x

I've had a ilestomy and a reversal 6 months later. It was no problem except weight gain. The area where the ilestomy was closed took a while to heal but no real issues. You will be fine. not having the daily upkeep for an ilestomy is SOOOO nice.

I've had a ilestomy and a reversal 6 months later. It was no problem except weight gain. The area where the ilestomy was closed took a while to heal but no real issues. You will be fine. not having the daily upkeep for an ilestomy is SOOOO nice.
Aww thanks that's really reassuring glad your doing well xx