• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Trying something new..

Nyx

I'm currently trying a new base plate with my Coloplast SenSura 2 piece Click system. They were out of the ones I usually use (#10021), so I was kind of forced to try these new ones. They're the Click Xpro Ostomy (#10025)base plate. According to the Coloplast rep, these ones have different things in the adhesive that are supposed to help your skin. They work with the bags I already have, so hopefully they will work as well as the ones I'm used to. Just from looking at them, they're thinner, and seem to be more flexible. I just put one on, so I'll have to keep you all posted on how I get on with them. So far, so good though!

Has anyone else tried these?

annawato

Staff member
Good luck Nyx. Its always a bit scary and a bit exciting to try something new. Is this something coloplast has just developed?

Nyx

I don't think it's new, but I'd never seen them before. I had no idea that they had different types of flanges, or that they had anything that would help the skin (besides wipes and pastes etc.). I have a few red spots on the side that my ouput comes out, so we'll see if this flange helps or not. I just checked things out, and so far it looks pretty good..still adhering well, but then again I haven't had anything but gas come out so far....lol

annawato

Staff member
Haha, yeah I don't think the gas will hurt it - unless there is a super lot.
I thought all flanges contained stuff to help heal the skin, maybe its just the way they are constructed, allowing the skin to breathe. Well I presume it allows the skin to breathe. I actually have no idea so don't really know why I'm rambling on. :) :) :)

The Coloplast website says that it has a "unique/revolutionary double layer adhesive" and "SenSura Xpro has extra protection against aggressive output, making it suitable for people with an ostomy with a more aggressive output."

annawato, it might be something that you should try.

The Xpro was the best and lasted the longest for me. I just SO loved that stuff. Way revolutionary. When I called my med supplier to see if I could change from Hollister to Coloplast exclusively she said "yeah they are always dropping off samples and their supplies are just so much better than everyone else's"

It was what cleared up my burn from hell after I got sick with some sort of 24 hour bug.

Unfortunately, it doesn't come in a deep convexity, which I need. Perhaps if I start hounding the Coloplast suppliers they might suggest to the manufacturers... :)

I am trying out some new baseplates and barrier rings. Exiting. Well.. the base plate is same Hollister I have been using just the convex one. But the barrier rings.. amazing. But definately a bit scary to try something new out. Fot me I am now getting 2 days from my base.. mught try for 3 even. I used to have to change daily.

Also today I got to go to a local ostomy event with loads of different supliers there with their products. Was fun to see what all is available. I will stick with my Hollister for now anyways.

Keep us updated how your trial goes. Nice to know what product others use. I have had a lot of help from that and it helped me have the courage to try something new and different ways in molding the barrier ring.

annawato

Staff member
The Coloplast website says that it has a "unique/revolutionary double layer adhesive" and "SenSura Xpro has extra protection against aggressive output, making it suitable for people with an ostomy with a more aggressive output."

annawato, it might be something that you should try.
I've never had any luck with coloplast. Just doesn't seem to stick to my skin. But other than the night before last I haven't had a leak for 2 weeks so I'm on the up and up! I got a new belt from convatec - I had been using a welland one and I don't know why but since I started using it I haven't had a leak except the other night when I was using the welland belt. I can't figure out why they should be different. They do attach differently so maybe that is it.

Nyx, may you get many days of wear from your new flange. Particularly since you have to buy them yourself!