• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Has anyone on here heard of GED-0301

My son sent this to me tonight, and I was wondering if anyone has heard of this, and if so, are there any thoughts on this treatment.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSnBw186557a+100+BSW20150318?irpc=932
It's still in phase II study stages where they try to establish dosage rates. Next is phase III where they compare results of this drug to placebo group. Those trials may be later this year. If trial pans out, drug may hit market in two years.

This is also known as Mongersen. Celgene recently acquired licensing rights for it from an Italian company. Essentially works by helping upregulate TGF-β, a cytokine that helps keep inflammation in in check.

Thank you for your responses. I also think it's very promising. In fact, we are very excited with just the thought of remission. :)