• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What are your flare symptoms? Soothing methods?

Just wanting to poll on the different symptoms each person with crohns experiences when they are going into a flare and what things you do at home to try and settle it down, thanks!

Ive been in a flare for 11 months. It has easier periods but have not gone symptom free yet. Before it gets bad i usually begin vomiting, upset stomach. Then within a week diarrheah and fever and chills. I take hot showers to rinse off dirt then take a hot bath and soak. Listen to some metal and eat alot of meals with potatoes eggs and easyily handeld foods. Rest and try not to over do it.

I get period of diarrhea and horrible cramping they get closer together until I am in a full flare up.

I have been out of remission for 5 years, off and on periods of pain and cramping. Joint pain. I have not been symptom free, sometimes are worse than others.

I have also been on FMLA since 8-4-15 and go back to work in 4 days. Yikes!!

I use heating pads and hot showers/baths.

I hope you feel better soon.

Lauren

I get period of diarrhea and horrible cramping they get closer together until I am in a full flare up.

I have been out of remission for 5 years, off and on periods of pain and cramping. Joint pain. I have not been symptom free, sometimes are worse than others.

I have also been on FMLA since 8-4-15 and go back to work in 4 days. Yikes!!

I hope you feel better soon.

Lauren
Yes

fuzzy butterfly

Hi i used heat pads, kept food to a minimum for a few days, soup toast just light foods little n often. Milk (full fat)if you can tolerate it as its a kinda food in its self. .I felt most comfortable curled up in a ball. Not the best look mind😅 but comfier.
Best wishes ❤

Blood in the stool, stomach cramps and the urgent need for the toilet with a seconds warning!

I find heatpacks help with the cramping.

Diarrhea, pain after eating, pain in lower abdomen, sometimes nausea, exhaustion. I usually go to a liquid diet or to a bland diet I can tolerate. Hot baths seem to help soothe my guts. I tend to sleep a lot more when flaring. I also call my GI to get a stronger med right away as well and he then orders some tests and schedules an office visit.