• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Why Mistakes Are Your Best Friend + Colonoscopy Results

Hey guys,

So I just had my 1 year checkup (colonscopy)

I would have posted the results earlier, but I was too busy eating my way to China, considering I hadn't eaten in 2 days :ytongue:

These were my results when diagnosed last year:

- Perianal disease
- Active crohns
- Stricture + scarring (narrowing of ileum)
- 5cm of Colon affected where it meets the small intestines (ileum)
- Fistula

Today's Results:

- Perianal disease GONE
- Very mild inflammation (only in the ileum)
- Still some narrowing and scarring
- Colon looking great
- Fistula GONE

Here is the thing though, yes, there are things I still need to heal, but that is damn good improvement.

Now, For anyone reading this, I want to be 100% honest.

I must have screwed up every single thing I tried to heal myself.

- I tried several diets and messed them up several times (i.e. on 30-day challanges I would cheat 10 days in)

- Chinese teas (had to be taken and at a certain temperature and time) -> I would mess up the schedule every now and then (as well as the temperatures)

- Isopathy (I missed taking the pills some days or just forgot)

- Energy Healing -> I would forget to do the exercises or sometimes didn't feel like it

- Yoga -> did it on and off

- Quatum Healing -> sometimes a forbidden food crept in and I only realized after because I forgot my sheet of what I can't eat at home

etc. etc.

So why am I telling you this?

Because none of my "screw-ups" matter. After every "cheat meal" I got right back on track the next day.

I screwed up the schedule for the teas? so what, I went right back on schedule the next day.

I forgot to do exercises? doesnt matter, there is no reason I can't do them today.

... The point is that it's a GOOD thing that you are screwing up. Every screw up is a life lesson. The more mistakes you make the more you learn. The fact that you are making mistakes only means you are actually taking Action!

I never stop learning or trying new things. They always teach me something new and get me healthier.

It's the process that counts not the event. You can't heal your body by taking 1 medication and calling it a day. You have to take constant and persistent action to get yourself healthy.

Although I am not at 100% yet, I know I will be. I play sports, work on my business, communicate with lots of great people and do my best to help even more.

Always remember that it is a journey, if you have been sick for years, you won't get healthy tomorrow. Stick to the process and always keep going, knowing that day will eventually come.

Note On colonoscopy Experience: This time around the colonoscopy took 15 minutes. Last year it took 1 hour. When I woke up today, I did not have bloating or sever cramps (maybe a few minor ones due to gas). Last year I thought I was dying from cramps and looked like a pregnant lady. I think the main reason for this is that my intestines were inflamed pretty bad last year and the colonoscopy irritated them even more. This time I handled things very smoothly.

Angrybird

I am glad there has been some improvement, are you due to see the GI doc to discuss the results in more detail? Was anything mentioned specifically about what to do about the inflammation and narrowing?

AB
xx

I am glad there has been some improvement, are you due to see the GI doc to discuss the results in more detail? Was anything mentioned specifically about what to do about the inflammation and narrowing?

AB
xx

Yup, will be seeing him in about a month.

He constantly wants me to take meds (imuran more specifically), but I will see. Considering there is lots of improvement without taking them, I will make that decision based on a number of factors and talking to some of my other doctors this week.

Wow you are into alot of stuff, great to hear it is working for you (and long may it continue).
I thought Quantum healing is to do with the mind healing the body, is it a diet also ?

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
I absolutely loved what you had to say! These are things I try to do every day and yes, you will make mistakes along the way, we are only human. But what matters is that you keep trying even when you think it won't do you any good. I believe that rarely do you learn anything of genuine value and importance in your life without making a mistake or two along the way.

Congrats to you on your progress and I wish you all the best! :thumleft:

:congratualtions::dance::dance::dance::dance:
... The point is that it's a GOOD thing that you are screwing up. Every screw up is a life lesson. The more mistakes you make the more you learn. The fact that you are making mistakes only means you are actually taking Action!

I never stop learning or trying new things. They always teach me something new and get me healthier.

It's the process that counts not the event. You can't heal your body by taking 1 medication and calling it a day. You have to take constant and persistent action to get yourself healthy.

Although I am not at 100% yet, I know I will be. I play sports, work on my business, communicate with lots of great people and do my best to help even more.

Always remember that it is a journey, if you have been sick for years, you won't get healthy tomorrow. Stick to the process and always keep going, knowing that day will eventually come.

Note On colonoscopy Experience: This time around the colonoscopy took 15 minutes. Last year it took 1 hour. When I woke up today, I did not have bloating or sever cramps (maybe a few minor ones due to gas). Last year I thought I was dying from cramps and looked like a pregnant lady. I think the main reason for this is that my intestines were inflamed pretty bad last year and the colonoscopy irritated them even more. This time I handled things very smoothly.

Wow you are into alot of stuff, great to hear it is working for you (and long may it continue).
I thought Quantum healing is to do with the mind healing the body, is it a diet also ?
I didn't even list all the things on there ahahah

Quantum healing is all about energy (the actual process), however that being said they do blood work on you as well.

Through the blood work, they test for food allergies and give you a 1.5 month detox nutrition plan.

I am in about 1 month so far (although I cheated 2 days before because I was drinking gatorade and eating jello to prepare for the colonoscopy -> I was banned from sugar and those things have a ton of sugar in them)

After the 1.5 months I am going to send them my blood so they can re-analyze it and see the results.

I talk a lot more about the things I Listed here in this thread: http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=42981

Here is how the diet list looks like:

RED -> means I can't eat or drink it for 1.5 months

Yellow -> means I can't eat or drink it for 1 month

Green -> means I can only eat or drink it in very small quantities

Blank -> means I am good to go

p.s. Sorry that it is not in English, I did it in Europe because it's 10x cheaper there. If you want any more details on what it say's or what the foods are I will more than happy to clarify!

Attachments

I absolutely loved what you had to say! These are things I try to do every day and yes, you will make mistakes along the way, we are only human. But what matters is that you keep trying even when you think it won't do you any good. I believe that rarely do you learn anything of genuine value and importance in your life without making a mistake or two along the way.

Congrats to you on your progress and I wish you all the best! :thumleft:

:congratualtions::dance::dance::dance::dance:
Thank you very much! :ybiggrin:

I am glad you found value in my post and don't kid yourself... these are things you DO every day ;) . So congratulations on that!

Whenever I do anything I make sure to be setup with a mindset that does not conflict with what I am doing. So if I am doing something new, I am sure it will help me, because otherwise I am wasting my time with it.

If I am not ok with a new approach, then I will have already told myself it won't work. Being open minded and always moving ahead (which includes learning and doing) is the only way to greater health.

BTW, I love Chicago! My sister lives there, so I visit quite often :)

Oh and I will do a little bit of this :banana::banana::banana: with you, why not!