• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Any experience with non dairy protein powders? (hemp, rice, egg, etc etc)

Hey guys, i'm thinking of getting some protein powder. I used to use why before i got crohns although even then if used to give me a little bloating so now that im aiming to avoid dairy it's completely out of the question.

I remember i tried some pea protein once aages ago and DAMMMN it was disgusting. I had one drink then gave it away lol. I saw the rice protein and hemp protein were available though so may be worth a try. Does anyone have exerience with these and their effect on the old crohn's disease?

Thinking of getting the chocolate flavour of this one: http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/vegan-blend/10637445.html

There are so many protein powder options out there now, it's crazy. The thing to watch out for is the fiber. I know that brown rice protein powder has quite a bit of fiber, at least the kinds I've looked at. There are always soy options too, although those don't usually taste the best. Let me know what you find out? I'm trying to find the right protein powder for my tummy, too.