• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Post ilieocecetomy question

Hi there

I had my ileocecetomy last Friday and am doing well actually. But one thing is freaking me out...just under my largest incision (lower left quadrant), I have a hard mass. It doesn't really hurt, but it's troublesome. Is something wrong? My husband thinks it's just the scab healing, and it could be. I'm just freaked out because I want everything to keep going so smoothly.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Thanks
TM

Could it be scar tissue? I have an incisional hernia and it is soft so I doubt its that. Best thing you can do is call the surgeons office and ask. Hopefully it will set your mind at ease.

Hi there

I had my ileocecetomy last Friday and am doing well actually. But one thing is freaking me out...just under my largest incision (lower left quadrant), I have a hard mass. It doesn't really hurt, but it's troublesome. Is something wrong? My husband thinks it's just the scab healing, and it could be. I'm just freaked out because I want everything to keep going so smoothly.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Thanks
TM
Are you thin? I had a knot and I was really upset even felt like they left something in there lol.. it was by my one incision mine is a internal staple and I am so thin I can feel it I am 99lbs :(

Thanks for replying!

I did go in to see the surgeon and it's just muscle that is healing. The surgeon explained how she had to resection it together and it will take a lot more time to heal. What a relief!

And yes, I am very thin. I hate it. I'm usually 135 and now I'm 111. I'm 5'7 so I look scary. :( This has been one "side effect" that I hate the most actually.

I'm also having crazy night sweats right now. I had a blood draw yesterday to check my thyroid,but I've had that checked before and it's always fine. The surgeon said I'm healing "beautifully" so we can't figure out where the sweating is coming from.

Thanks for replying!

I did go in to see the surgeon and it's just muscle that is healing. The surgeon explained how she had to resection it together and it will take a lot more time to heal. What a relief!

And yes, I am very thin. I hate it. I'm usually 135 and now I'm 111. I'm 5'7 so I look scary. :( This has been one "side effect" that I hate the most actually.

I'm also having crazy night sweats right now. I had a blood draw yesterday to check my thyroid,but I've had that checked before and it's always fine. The surgeon said I'm healing "beautifully" so we can't figure out where the sweating is coming from.
I am glad it wasn't serious :) when was your surgery I had a lo of weird sweating in the beginning the nurses had to change the bed every night when they pu me back in the hospital when I was 3 weeks post op... Are you on pain meds? They will cause sweats to :(
111 sounds good to me :) I am 99lbs and 5/7 and 1/2 I am usually around 126 I started losing weight and was around 105 before surgery and went down to 89lbs they did get me to 99 but I cant get above that :( surgeon said I may NOT :(
because my colon weighed almost 10lbs :ywow: ugh

Wow, Gifted! What an ordeal. A ten pound colon? I never thought to ask how much my colon weighed, or my appendix! (I have a semi colon now, and as an English teacher, this joke will never get old, btw!)

My surgery was almost two weeks ago and I've been off meds for several days now. I've been taking Traumeel which I think is helping the healing process. I'm just so anxious to gain weight. Why did they tell you you won't be able to gain more weight? There's got to be something we can do to put on weight. I've been eating coconut ice cream every day! :) lol.

TM:rosette1:

The surgeon did what to your independent clauses?! ;) I like this kind of humor; It is witty and memorable.
LOL... I didnt ask the weight he just told my hubby my surgery was so long 7 hours because I am so tiny torso like a child but adult size organs. He was so amazed @ the size of my i intestines in such a small frame over 9 feet and 10lbs he told my hubby no wonder it did not work ha...ha...

My liver has pushed my stomach to the side , as well I have some weird body parts :(
as for the weight I have been trying to gain weight since summer time :( I eat I drink ensure.
My problem now is I have NO large intestines so everything comes right back out as quick as it goes in Clover works well :shifty: ( By the way he is my Stoma lol...
Then my surgeon said I went down to 89lbs because my colon weighed 10 and I am 99lbs because they IV fed me in the hos[ital a week, so I may just stay small now that I have the ilielostomy ?