• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Much Ado About Nothing! eh!

OMG, Wisconsin-ites use 'eh' too!!! Farmwife - they even have a definition for it! :lol:

Farmwife - great idea for this thread!! Your speech left me a blubbering mess! :cry:

Dusty - as always, great intro - no one could've said it better! :D
The difference between Canadians and New Yorkers is that Canadians say,"How's it goin eh?"

New Yorkers say,"Eh how's it goin?"

:ylol2:

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
...nor bowing! All you beaches can kiss my arse! We don't need no stinking doctors, directions nor nagging mothers!!

CarolinAlaska

Holding It Together
Doesn't everyone have GPS now?? I always use the female voice setting...just so I can remember what it was like before.....turn here, turn there, watch where you're going, you do see that truck don't you....nag, nag, nag!!!!
This reminds me, when I do my Wii Active 2, I always choose the male coach cause I don't think I could put up with some girl with a perfect body telling me to work harder... ! LOL

We are on holiday in California and this morning we are planning to go to a water slide park. So my husband asks my son, "How's the gut?". Son responds, " A little upset." Husband counters with, "Do you think you can go to the water park? You're not going to be the brown jet are you?". We then all laughed so hard we were crying.

That is hysterical! Have an awesome trip!

Dusty,
Yesterday I went to my niece's camp for visiting day. All their counselors are non-American. She has one counselor from Australia. I met a counselor from Ireland, from New Zealand, and from Argentina. It was really cool. Ooh those accents! What a great experience for the kids meeting people from all over the world. I talked to the guy from New Zealand for quite a while. I told him we are hoping to take a trip to Australia in the comming year. We have friends living there for three years so I am hoping we can figure out the finances to go visit.(Plane tickets are so crazy expensive!)

DustyKat

Super Moderator
We don't have an accent, all you guys do! :lol:

The kids must love it and the counsellors must have a fab experience too. :):):)

Where do your friends live?

Ugh! The cost of flying is outrageous so I hope you get the chance to head out here. Good luck!

Dusty. xxx

Had a good laugh looking at some of these posts. Twiggy - have a great time!
We are back from our cruise which was unfortunately a bit disappointing. The weather wasn't great - alot of clouds/cold wind, so we couldn't swim much. However it was really good to get away and have someone else cook, clean, etc. I enjoyed Madeira, Tenerife and La Palma.
Now I have done loads of washing - only for my washing machine to break down!! Is it very sad to be excited about a new washing machine? :eek2:

Tesscorm

Staff member
Sascot, if this is your new washer, I'd be excited too!! :dance:

man-laundry.jpg

But, sorry the weather wasn't better on your cruise! :(

crohnsinct

New game! What strikes fear into an IBD parents heart? I'll start...

This past weekend we were away at a swim meet. In hotel Saturday night drinking tap water like crazy. Next morning go to restaurant across the street and they tell us due to boil water restrictions for the town no tap water, ice, soda etc. WHAT?! :eek2:

So in addition to praying that the problem occurred after we went to bed and the water she drank was safe I was watching her like a hawk and asking her for full reports every time she went to the bathroom! Who got sick? ME! :ybatty: Not bad though.

BTW - Hotel never notified guests...not even Sunday!

That is just crazy! Thank goodness she did not get sick. I hope you are already better. Stinkin hotel. You should call the management company and lodge a big complaint. who knows they may even give you your money back if you make a big enough hoopla but that is not the point they did not do the right thing they should have informed guests.

It's not often we hit 100 in Minnesota, but the heat index was 105 today. So, what did we do? We baked brownies, muffins, and cookies all day!

It's also a tradition to go out for ice cream on the coldest day of the year. One of those things that accidentally became a tradition.

crohnsinct

And your from Canada and used to the cold so if you are calli9ng it cold dang it is cold!

Duck into a nice winery for some Cabernet..that'll warm you up

Heat index hit a 105 here. CRAZY it's northern Michigan.

Then the air conditioner broke and on the same day the Dermatologist said the Grace has heat induced eczema. :ybatty:
We have to do all we can to keep her cool and dry from sweat.
Sooooo turned the sprinkler on and she had a ball.
Oh then my son tipped the sprinkler and it flooded our tent while I was trying to bake snacks for the farmers shaken the cherries. FUN TIMES. It's cool tonight. LOVE IT!:tongue:

Vodoo Donuts in Portland YUM!!! Maple Bars with bacon on them. :thumright:
Was in Oregon over the weekend we were at 80 in the mountains. Only 101 here today which is better then the 109-110 it was, that is just crazy. I'm not sure what we will be doing for Jack's b-day in about 10 days as it is too hot to do anything.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
^^^^LMFAO! Could I have some fun with that!...

Hmmmmm...I never did tell you about my camping trip around central Australia with the priest and the banana did I! :rof:

What Dexky????

I'm doing the snacks for the hard working farmers shaking the cherries. My MIL is doing their lunches.
In yesteryears, breakfast and dinners were also provided.

Is that what you meant or am I missing something???

Tesscorm

Staff member
OMG, sorry but I was with Dex on this one!!! :lol: I did NOT know you shake cherries off a tree! :eek:

And, Dusty... hmmm, camping with a priest... searching for roots where the sun don't shine? :D

And, the banana??? Hope it was not too ripe!!!

DustyKat

Super Moderator
No way! Please tell me you don't eat doughnuts and bacon together! :puke_r:

Now, if you think you may take offence at my story do not read on! Remember, it involves a priest and a banana. :nonono:

So, many, many years ago when I was in twenties I had not a care in the world and my wickedness would run rampantly unchecked. :evil:

One day I decided it was time I went on another adventure so planned a trip around Australia.

One leg of that journey was a camping trip down through central Australia. There were about thirty us of varying ages and professions, all strangers thrown together for trip of a lifetime.

Hidden amongst us was a quiet, reflective sort of man in his early thirties. This piqued my interest, as it does, so I decided I would sit next to Dan one day and probe a little deeper into what he did for a living. Dan was standoffish and aloof, I do believe I denoted a touch of arrogance in his countenance and felt that was particularly unwarranted. He eventually acquiesced to my questions and told me he was a priest. I was somewhat shocked by this! Not that he was a priest so much but that he held himself above others. :nonono:

Poor Dusty, she didn't understand. How could this cold and aloof man be a priest. Did he not have any feelings or compassion? So Dusty had a revelation, one might say, and she decided she would make it her mission to see if this man was capable of the sort of emotions we mortals felt. Dusty was also very irreverent. :redface:

It was a bright and sunny Winters day and we stopped to partake of some morning tea. As we stretched out under the canopy of glorious ghost gum I decided my particular fare that day would be a banana. As I was peeling the said fare I noticed Dan sitting a little way away watching me. He obviously did not notice that I had seen him as he continued to stare at me. I don't know what came over me but as I started to guide the banana toward my mouth and between my lips I stopped, I didn't take the bite that Dan was expecting but rather I started slipping the banana in and out of my mouth in a slow show of what one would call fellatio. I could see Dan was mesmerised and so the show lasted much longer than I had originally intended. He snapped out of it when I took a bite out of the said banana. As I finished my morning tea I idled over to Dan, he was very red in the face and I enquired after him...are you well Dan? You look a little...bothered. He couldn't speak and was bent over with his arms folded across his lap. I didn't know what to think but the only conclusion I could come to was that Dan was human after all.

St Dusty of Oz.

Don't knock the bacon and doughnuts until you've tried it. I even went to a wedding a couple of years ago and instead of wedding cake they had a tower of maple bacon doughnuts.

Dusty I think you read The Thorn Birds a few too many times...

We have to stop at vodoo donuts everytime we are in Portland. All I can say is once you've eaten one of those maple bacon donuts it haunts you and soon you will be dipping your bacon at home into maple syrup trying to replicate the taste to no avail.
Great now I'm going to be dreaming about those donuts - forget Krispy Kreme.

Dusty - :rof::rof::rof::rof:

crohnsinct

OMG! LMFAO! :rof::rof::rof:

Ha Twiggy! WE can always count on you for a delectable delight can't we?!

Ha Dusty We can always count on you for....well you know what for?

Farmwife: I think I shook my cherries a few times but no one gave me diinner or baked goods! And relax with the cherries comments people!

Tesscorm

Staff member
OMG, you guys all crack me up!!! Dusty, I can NOT believe you did that! LMFAO!!! Is he still a priest or were you a life altering experience?!?!?!? :lol:

Re the Voodoo donuts, thank God they're not in Toronto! Stephen loves doughnuts and loves bacon... I can only imagine his diet if they were offered TOGETHER here!!! :yfaint:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
I have no idea Tess. Never saw him again after that trip. :)

I guess he either went on a sabbatical or to an asylum. :shifty: Bet he doesn't eat banana's though. Ouch. :lol:

Dexky

Shaking not shaken FW. TBH, I have seen pecan shaking but no, I didn't know they harvested cherries like that. We've been eating those good MI cherries like crazy recently though:)! Do you have cherry trees FW?

Shaking not shaken FW. TBH, I have seen pecan shaking but no, I didn't know they harvested cherries like that. We've been eating those good MI cherries like crazy recently though:)! Do you have cherry trees FW?

Yes, we have cherry orchards Dexky. You guys made me laugh. Where did you think cherries came from?:rof: BTW...peaches, plums, apples all come from trees too.:tongue:

Off for another fun filled week. Bye y'all!

CarolinAlaska

Holding It Together
YUMMMMMMM............................. Voodoo Doughnut.............................. This was my pre-dinner appetizer last night.
I was totally picturing the same as Twiggy for a voodoo donut. :voodoo: I don't eat gluten or pork, so the actual voodoo donut sounds pretty nasty to me too. I like the donut part but it doesn't like me... :poo: At least it is incentive to not eat what would just go to my belly anyway and make me fatter! :tongue:

Dexky

Yes, we have cherry orchards Dexky. You guys made me laugh. Where did you think cherries came from?:rof: BTW...peaches, plums, apples all come from trees too.:tongue:

Off for another fun filled week. Bye y'all!
Uhm yeah, I knew cherries come from trees but I didn't know you shook them off!! I presume there is a machine that does the shaking similar to pecan harvesters.

Dex I would LOVE:thumright: to tell you how we shake the cherries...........
but I can't:shifty-t: word it in a way that these sick minded women:yfrown:
won't turn it into something sexual.:voodoo:

You can me pm is you real want to know.

Tesscorm

Staff member
My, oh, my Farmwife... I'm not only smiling, I'm blushing :blush: at the thought of those big strapping farmers shakin' those cherries! I bet there's a fair bit of time spent 'looking for roots' too, eh Dusty? :ytongue:

Farmwife... I want you to keep a straight face next time you ask one of your farmers how the cherry shakin' is going? :rof:

Yes, where is our hug button?!?

Haha!! So funny. :applause::applause::applause: We could do with a Cherry Shaking icon!!

Weird about the Hug button! xx

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Not a real brand newy but a fab Friday song :) ...

[youtube]G7fASdvrR-g[/youtube]

BUT! All you Canadians, tell me this...how the hell did that blue heeler get all the way over there and into that clip?!

OK l need some help!!!!

I soaked my son's white shirt in bleach and it turned yellow..:eek:

I read that soaking it in vinegar might get it out but it did nothing.

Does anyone know how l can make it white again before he kills me!!!!

OK l need some help!!!!

I soaked my son's white shirt in bleach and it turned yellow..:eek:

I read that soaking it in vinegar might get it out but it did nothing.

Does anyone know how l can make it white again before he kills me!!!!
Uh Oh!!!! Have been caught in the bleaching trap too! I think the only thing to do is dye it a darker colour? Sorry :ybatty:

Niks he won't be happy if l dyed it a different colour.

Thanks Dusty l read all these sites last night.

I think l might have to buy him a new shirt...$70 gone..:yfaint:

I don't even know why l bleached it wasn't even dirty.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
I think you need to go to BA (Bleachers Anonymous). :(

Hi, I'm upsetmom and I have a bleaching problem...

Dusty. :ack:

Dexky

Catherine

Son: What did you do my shirt?

Mother: Son, I am sorry I can be no longer trusted to do your washing. You are quite welcome to do your own washing, so these errors no longer occur.

Son: What did you do my shirt?

Mother: Son, I am sorry I can be no longer trusted to do your washing. You are quite welcome to do your own washing, so these errors no longer occur.
I was just thinking the same thing.:lol:

I haven't told him yet .I'm still trying to figure out a way to make it white...l went shopping but l forgot to have a look for something.

I once ruined a pair of his joggers by soaking them in bleach. They where white with a black stripe ....after i soaked them the stripe went brown. You'd think l would've learnt my lesson.

Catherine

Is the shirt an even colour all over? What fabric?

Try Spotlight or Lincraft, look for the dyes, next to them you will find color remover but they only usually work for removing color so that you can re dye.

Sarah wonders why I won't let her use dye inside my house! She managing to spill the water while emptying out the dye and dyed one shoe purple. Got love dye and candle wax.