• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Feeling frustrated

I just got a call from my doctor's office. My labs came back fine. They say it is IBS rather than the Crohns and they don't have a plan of attack.

I just got a call from my doctor's office. My labs came back fine. They say it is IBS rather than the Crohns and they don't have a plan of attack.
I know how irritating that can be. I didn't even bother to schedule a follow-up appointment with my GI doctor after the CTE scan came back negative. I feel like some doctors just don't listen to what their patients say. My mom said it right when she stated that doctors don't like to be told what to do. If you're not feeling well, you know something is wrong and doctors shouldn't keep trying to dish out the IBS diagnosis. I once read somewhere that someone called IBS "I be stupid" or something similar because it means to her that doctors have just given up and don't know what the symptoms are attributed to. :(

Never heard of fistula and or resection for ibs.
Understand fully your frustration as I was diagnosed with ibs for 30 years till a number of emergency intakes to hospital & they identified crohns initially within 30.seconds of my barium scan that was confirmed by all the other tests, bloods, colonoscopy, ct scans etc..

You know your body, gently but firmly & politely keep stating your case.

Staying in my prayers.

Shalom my friend, john