• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

High calorie cookie

CarolinAlaska

Holding It Together
I think I read on this forum once about a 1000 calorie cookie. Does anyone have any recommendations, recipes or links to high calorie food that kids will eat?

I used to make these layered bar cookies for Christmas that had butter/graham cracker crust, coconut, chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. That was a super high calorie cookie and so yummy!

CarolinAlaska

Holding It Together
I used to make these layered bar cookies for Christmas that had butter/graham cracker crust, coconut, chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. That was a super high calorie cookie and so yummy!
Do you have the recipe? She doesn't like coconut and has to eat gluten free, but maybe we can tweak it.

my little penguin

Staff member
Against the grain gourmet cheese pizza
Gf
When cut into 6 slices
Two slices 630 calories
Milk shake (with half /half cream lactose free plus lactose free homemade sherbet )530 per glass

my little penguin

Staff member
Homemade bread using nut flours /eggs very high calorie

Most against the grain bread /rolls are 220-230 calories just add pb and you close to 500
Without anything else

I've been making a smoothie type thing for my son that has 69 grams of fat and a lot of calories. It was given to me by an scd dietician so it probably tastes "healthy" but he is picky and still drinks it. It has 4 eggs, strawberries, blueberries, almond milk etc. If he wasn't on scd I would add ice cream to it which would really increase the calories and improve taste.

Some people may not like the raw egg thing but we were desperate.

I'll post it when I get home.

my little penguin

Staff member
Does your Gi know about the raw eggs???
Ds Gi won't let him get a turtle due to salmonella
Can't imagine a Gi ok with raw eggs being eaten ......

Maya142

Staff member
My daughter sneaks cookie dough every time we make cookies :lol:. I worry about Salmonella every single time but she has looked up the statistics and says they're very low :yrolleyes:.

I'd also be interested in high calorie cookies. We just make regular chocolate chip that are half butter/half oil (since she has issues with fat).

Catherine

To minimise risks with raw eggs
- keep fridgerated
- only buy fridgerated eggs
- discard any eggs with damaged shells
- don't use shells to seperate eggs
- use as fresh as possible not close to use by date
- do not store products make from raw eggs